Snowstorm final release

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Varbles, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

update

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

final final

3. Varbles

empires players seem to think its a great idea to hide a sploit from me for as long as possible

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

5. Varbles

when you join a server with snowstorm on, the .res file should give you that missing texture

6. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

When I joined epic server with this map on 16 players I got weird fps issues....
    I was frapsed what was happening: http://youtu.be/iv2qRzkVHSE

And it's not my computer that's shit, I play BF3 at max settings...
    Slade said he was getting the same thing also.

EDIT: I loaded up emp_snowstorm_rc6 locally and I didn't get this lag. It must be the server...
    EDIT2: No problems on epic server on a different map....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  7. Varbles

I get the same thing when I join epic server with this on. I get like half a frame a second and have to slideshow over to the disconnect button. I have no idea what it could be because it's only on epic. I'm working on an update though so hopefully it will sort itself out..

8. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

odd... maybe it's something to do with the 66 tick rate... there were about 12 other people playing on the map so I guess it doesn't affect everyone.
    I will investigate if it's to do with the server rates tomorrow but it's more than likely something to do with the map as well (a map script or something not liking the 66 tick? IDK, I know nothing about mapping...).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  9. Varbles

the map has custom particles and uses $seamless_scale but other than that there should be nothing different from any other emp map.

10. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

tried reproducing the problem on the epic server today unsuccessfully...
    Anyway have a console dump if it helps.
    Code:
    Empires
    Map: emp_snowstorm_rc6
    Players: 1 / 64
    Build: 3943
    Server Number: 2

Attemped to precache unknown particle system "tracer_vehiclemg_muzzle"!
    Attemped to precache unknown particle system "varbles_snow"!
    No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$minfadesize in particle/smoke1/smoke1_nearcull
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$maxfadesize in particle/smoke1/smoke1_nearcull
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$blendframes in particle/smoke1/smoke1_nearcull
    unrecognized conditional test !lowfill?$depthblend in particle/smoke1/smoke1_nearcull
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$depthblend in particle/smoke1/smoke1_nearcull
    unrecognized conditional test !lowfill?$startfadesize in particle/smoke1/smoke1
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$startfadesize in particle/smoke1/smoke1
    unrecognized conditional test !lowfill?$endfadesize in particle/smoke1/smoke1
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$endfadesize in particle/smoke1/smoke1
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$blendframes in particle/smoke1/smoke1
    unrecognized conditional test !lowfill?$depthblend in particle/smoke1/smoke1
    unrecognized conditional test lowfill?$depthblend in particle/smoke1/smoke1
    KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/AWAKENING/METALWALL_COMBINECORE03A.vmt
    LightmappedGeneric, 
    KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/AWAKENING/METALWALL_COMBINECORE03A.vmt
    LightmappedGeneric, 
    LightmappedGeneric, 
    LightmappedGeneric, 
    LightmappedGeneric, 
    LightmappedGeneric, 
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/Common/props_urban/urban_drainpipe1.mdl)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012