Smoke grenade ---> Gas Grenades + new perk

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Binboy, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Binboy

Binboy Member

Hey, I haven't played Empires in awhile :) thought I might come back!

After playing Raven Shield, I never use smoke because it's practically useless, and it gets my Rainbow's Killed 80% of the time. So I was thinking instead of smoke we could have some type of gas grenade, it sort of like an invisible type of gas, it's not totally invisible you could just see it. It's clear colour and it causes players to when sprinting/jumping they consume 2x more stamina, their screen goes blurring and their character would start coffing. So the effects are abit like tear gas, these tear gas would also have affect on people inside tanks too, but does not affect APCs. The effects would only last for 10-20 seconds and having the Character Perk "Gas Mask" the gas grenades will not affect you.

Oh yes, I think the tear gas can also be used by APCs, I think it'll make a reasonable good weapon on infantry maps or even huge maps if you know what you're doing.

2. OuNin

OuNin Member

Concussions already serve a disabling grenade function, but it would be interesting to see one that affects an area over time. Also, I'd tie the skill to another existing one, probably like health regeneration, stamina upgrade, or something so that it isn't just a one-trick pony.

Smoke grenades just need to be enhanced for limiting ranged visibility.

3. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Here's what FN198 was ranting on about to me about smoke grenades.

Smoke grenades, are stupid only because they are infact the equivalent of a retarded concussion. You can't see if you're inside it, but if you're outside the smoke, you can see inside, if not past it. So they don't really function as smoke grenades.