Small vehicle customization suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nhammen, Sep 22, 2007.

1. nhammen

nhammen Member

I have a set of vehicle customizations for each research tree (pretty much... who uses nuclear engines anyways?) and when I build a tank in one map, I am likely to be using the same customization for alot of my tanks (until the comm does more research). However, when you build a vehicle, by default it is selected on the last customization that you created, and not the last one that was actually built. This means that since I have all of my customizations created already, and chem was the last one, if my comm researches bio (which i prefer) I have to change what it is selected on every single time. My suggestion is to have it select the most recently built customization by default.

2. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Or you can just save your vehicle customizations to the menu when you have done all the weapon binds, armor changes and engine mounts on your vehicle. After that click next and type your setting in the "default loadout" or something text area and then build your tank.

Now you have one setup two clicks away and you don't need to do so much switching between armors and weapons and so on. ;)

3. nhammen

nhammen Member

??? Did you understand what my suggestion was? I don't really understand what you are saying. I already know you can save customizations, if that is what you are saying. I don't have to do any switching between armors already. I am talking about the named customizations. I name them like MdBioHE and such. I have about 10 different such customizations for medium tanks, and I don't like having to look at that list and find the one I want every time, if usually it is the same one that i used previously.

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Well one thing that I believe happens, or used to happen, whether it was a bug or not, was that the customization you used would be bumped down the list. Which should do what you suggest.
    But right now, the vgui still does not update your default veihcle customization, I believe this bug has already been reported ages and ages ago, but afaik nothing was done about it. Also it would be better if instead of putting your last used preset in the bottom of the list, it just save its current selected position in the list to the last preset you used + actually updating your customization.

So right now this is really just a bug, and your suggestion part would be either remember which tank preset you had chosen last time, or dropping your last config down in the list so that it automaticly selects it next time you open the vgui. The latter would mess up your preset order though, so if you would have worked it out alphabetically or whatever, after a few games it would be a big mess.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Is it in the bug tracker? I don't see it.

6. dizzyone

It was in there, msieradzki had reported it before 1.08 rc7. (you deleted it)

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Oh here we go again.

8. dizzyone

You asked...

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm getting really fucking sick of people saying "well gee, there was a report somewhere around here, oh well", and then the bug never gets fixed yet they're quick to say "we all knew about it except for you apparently."

10. dizzyone

I had mentioned it a few times before. Besides it was already reported and well commented, hate me if you want but I'm not going to report something twice because you ignored it the first time, not because you ignored it the first time, or that i'm plain lazy, well I am lazy, but its really because I took the time to examine the bug the first time and explain it, its been such a long time I don't even remember what was really at fault. It's something about it reading the first preset in the preset file, instead of the last, while the last in the list is selected. Something like that.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think the lesson we can all learn is that even if you think someone else has reported something, report it yourself. krenzo won't get angry. it takes him two seconds to close a duplicate report but the new one might have more information, and whats more it's better than these situations occouring.

12. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee spam tha bug reporzzzza!!!

(Yes I'm tired.)

13. dizzyone

What, these situations where Krenzo gets pissed off at others because he deleted a bug he never fixed? :p

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i'm expecting that "i've been drinking, heavily" under your name to changed to "BANNED!!!!" aaaaaany second now :p

but yeah, i agree, but it's not worth bringing up really is it?