Singleplayer

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Nov 30, 2006.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Whats better practice. Playing with bots that are about as smart as a noob thats never played, or playing on your own and not actually experiencing anything to do with the battle? Bots are good practice people. Their about as good as an inexperienced player, but they don't get better, the player does.

Edit: according to Firefox spell check, noob is actually supposed to be nub. Wow, its in a dictionary...

2. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

[lol,] but i dont see much point, sounds like a lot of work just to be able to practice commander - wich you can already do.

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Oh yes, such great practice, being able to spend hours experimenting...
    For it to be of any help, you need the pressure of commanding online, other wise you'll probably be too laid back when commander'ing online

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

One thing's for certain: it's certainly not worth any of the dev's time until the online game is 100% done.

5. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

If they're as experienced as a nub, why not put a sound clip that plays every 3 seconds saying: "HOW DO I GET AMMOS?"

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Ok, record your self saying that, and I'll loop it in audition for about 5 hours :p

And where did the whole "how do i get ammos!?" thing come from? A joke? A real player that didn't know how?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  7. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Just about every noob that plays the game like they do BF:rolleyes:

8. Coldie

Coldie Member

Problems: "Bots have sight and hearing and shoot ANYTHING they see or hear." One:|f they shot WHATEVER they saw and heard,then they would shoot the ground every time the wind blew? and 2:|f they also shot whatever they saw or heard,they would shoot their friendly soldiers when they heard footsteps.I like to use bots,but that concept would not really work.

But take Counter Strike Source's bots.They are advanced enough to walk around corners,HIDE in corners,and then shoot people walking around.And they can talk with the radio. You see,These bots are the FUTURE of empires mod. Insects Infestation has bots,but they are too stupid.In order to have GOOD bots you have to spend much time on them.So we shouldnt be expecting bots anytime soon yet,but they probably will be implemented in the future,who knows? :D

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

counterstrike is a bad example. it's like saying "well you can get bots for noughts and crosses, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to play chess"

massive difference.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

OOOH! OH! I have an idea. Someone dress up like a blizzard employee and infiltrate their corporate offices, then find a way to steal the source code for warcraft 3, then find a way to emulate/copy/magic it into the AI for Empires. I nominate Shinzon, he seems sufficiently sneaky. He'll need a grappling hook for a dramatic escape, so someone might have to cough one up on ebay or something.

11. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Or, better yet, the bots could be integrated into the game's story itself. Though not singleplayer, the bots would be researchable, buyable semi-players that follow simple commands from the squad leader or commander. They'd play as an obedient noob of whatever class they are assigned, or something like that. If the AI isnt perfect, then it's blamed on the faulty AI manufacturing in the storyline.

12. Rexz

Rexz Member

You know what I want, Co op with both team trying to bring down the much stronger bot army. Woah, that's epic game play right there.

13. The Buttery Lobster

I believe, but am not sure, that krenzo would LIKE bots to be part of the main game, purcheasable or something. But that might be total heresay and a load of baloney, and I might have dreamed up that convo/thread while doing lots of illegal drugs or something. So.... *shrugs*

14. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Wasnt there a mod like that already, but it sucked because the AI was terrible, it lagged to mt Doom and back, and had balancing issues to the point of hax?

15. Rexz

Rexz Member

Maybe, but the idea of 2 team working together to bring down a boss army would be pretty cool...

Or just co op type of game play would be interesting, human versus bots.

16. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Yeah, it would.

Back on subject, that idea you had was a great idea, Lagg, bots that supplement but dont replace players' duties and teamwork.

17. Rexz

Rexz Member

What about bots that act as npc that will attack any person...

Lol....

18. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Or, AI wildlife on jungle maps that attack players? Or at the very least, birds.

19. The Buttery Lobster

Iron Grip: the Oppression has one team against a huge army of bots who are controlled by a single commander. Kind of like ZM, but with a steampunk theme. It kind of died (well, it TOTALLY died, afaik) and I don't know why, but I'd hate to see that happen to Empires so that's why I've been against this concept. (I know the release was buggy, but come on, what release WASN'T buggy? I liked that mod, idk why it died, it just did.)

20. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

The devs were arrogant tools and shunned criticism :)