Simplify/make practical Vehicle Armor customization messages

Discussion in 'Archive' started by The Buttery Lobster, Nov 13, 2007.

1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Right now, when you choose a vehicle armor, it gives a fun little description. Check the wiki: http://wiki.empiresmod.com/index.php?title=Vehicle_Armor_Appendix
    i.e. "reactive makes electrically charged whatever to do magic whatevers."

That's all well and good, and the flavor text is nice, but frankly, when the noobies come flooding in, I think this flavor text will only confuse and frustrate them. I feel very strongly that the description of the vehicle armors in the customization screen should either include the strengths and weaknesses of each armor in the description, or just eliminate the flavor text altogether and ONLY keep strengths and weaknesses.

Example Description: Reflective Armor: (BRIEF flavor text) This armor deflects kinetic energy away from the hull. (Detailed Explanation) Strong against Missiles, weak against direct attacks perpendicular to the hull, and reduces damage with attacks that are more parallel to the hull.

Or: Regen: This armor is engineered with living tissue designed to grow calcium carbonate as the protective medium. It has no particular strengths, but will slowly repair damage by itself. It is weak against MGs, high speed weapons, and bio-weapons.

THE SAME ISSUE is present with the machine guns. Example: look at the 50 cal weapon description. "This is a 50 cal mg." i KNOW that it's a 50 cal mg, it says so in the damn name. What I would LIKE to know is the fact that it is accurate and very strong against infantry but not against tanks. Engines are not so much an issue, nor are the other tank weapons.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I approve this message.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

good suggestion BL, well brought up.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I think a star system someone suggested would work best as armor and weapons really have no specific strengths and weakpoints.
    5 stars, with 1/2 stars possible.

6. Drag

Drag Member

No weaknesses besides the fact it takes 5 shots to kill an absorbant tank with ranged or HE cannon but 30+ shots with railgun.

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I ment weapon type specific, besides thats pretty much the only thing you can say about it. The heat and bio weak/strongpoints are neglectible.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Don't remove the full flavor text! It's what makes the research so enjoyable when you command for the first time(s)! D:
    I do, however, approve of the detailed specs, which I thought were available to view when you were customizing your vehicle.

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Just a basic description of what it does and what it's good it will do.