Show players on map in Spectator mode

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Angelo85, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Member

Hello everybody!

Started playing yesterday and this game seems really promising.
    In the beginning I was a bit confused what to do (maybe some kind of tutorial would help?). So I started my first game a spectator to see what is going on. I had a hard time to find what I was looking for (base building, fights etc.). Sure you can click through the players but the Icons on the Minimap like you have then when you joined a team would sure be nice.
    And I don't think this would help the "cheating" (someone joining spectator and telling the team what the enemy is doing) because you already could do this by clicking through the players. It could even be a server variable so you could turn it on and off as you seem fit.
    And I guess it would be rather easy to implement, because you have this feature already when you join a side.

What do you think about this?

2. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I agree. Maybe buildings as well if it wouldn't lead to ghosting, or failing that, just remove the minimap altogether.

On the same sort of note, it would be good if you could tell the classes apart from the minimap, possibly with a small letter on the arrowhead (E for engy, G for Gren etc.) It's annoying when you see loads of arrows around you and you are dead, yet you don't know if they are engy's or not.

And another thing, (:p)
    Instead of rectangles, have mini pictures of the buildings.
    In other words, make it more like NS :)