Server extension poll (for contacting servers with)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by petemyster, Jan 8, 2008.

?

Extend loading times by:

1. over 40 (lol extra big ty to you

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. 40 seconds

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. 20 seconds

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. none

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. petemyster

petemyster Member

ok im gonna contact the servers to extend thier loading times, but it wouldn't be very helpful if i didn't give em a rought headcount of how many people would like it extended. So please vote in this poll and take into consideration that some good experienced players miss out on commander voting, and if you were in thier position, wouldn't you love to be the commander?

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I'm always one of the first to load, so i vote none.

3. petemyster

petemyster Member

cruel cruel people, think of other peoples misfortune!

4. flatmush

flatmush Member

I'm also the first to load and always have been, even on my old computer.
    If your loading times are too slow then reduce the texture quality, reducing from high to medium reduces the load times to 25%, reducing from high to low reduces the load times to 6.25% (medium to low is 25%).

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I've always heard that public punishment is wrong so.. This is kinda wrong.

And my own opinion, I hated when I was loading for years, if it would be INCREASED, then would people with slow loadings have a LONGER loadingtime? I just hate loadings.. Half-life1 loading ftw!(SP-Mode)

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The faster your in the better... I wanna play the game not stare at a colorfull picture... (As pretty as it might be, even if it has text on it)

This is what the commander count down timer is for...

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Not sure you understand what's going on here. Pete's trying to accomodate for long load times. He wants the pre-game set up take longer, not the loading.

Also yes, games from the last decade tend to load fast for me too. What's you point about HL1?

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

How long is it at the moment?
    I agree it is too short. After the map laoded, I normally first join a squand, choose a skill and often there isn't enough time left to choose a commander. Aditionally it would be good to tell the team about a plan if you are commander and have one... ;)

9. RaiKitsune

RaiKitsune Member

My CPU is very slow and old (Sempron 2800+) yet I manage to join, group, select skills, and select spawn point with at least 10 seconds to spare.

Maybe you set your heapsize incorrectly or something.

Also I play without HDR since I've heard it increases load times and looks ugly on custom maps.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

The problem is that sometimes, you have to wait a while until someone joins your squad an you get the skillpoint for selecting the repair-upgrade or whatever. If you're already a bit tired and maybe selected the wrong class, it can easily take quite much time. And even if you have ten seconds, this is not enough in my opinion.
    Everyone should get a few seconds to think about what he's made wrong in the last game and the commander should have time to make a plan.
    This would also save most of those games when a commander gets voted who doesn't want commanding and he doesn't tell it to his team until everyone is far away from the CV.

11. petemyster

petemyster Member

7 votes for no extension, your all very selfish people.......
    It needs extended to sort out squads, more discussion on commander "HEY VOTE ME COMM!" without enquiring if they've done it before etc, sort out skills and tactics. You need more time to do this