Server .dll

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Evan, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Hey Krenzo -

No longer an open forum-test. Now that 1.08 is locked down and no new members can acquire it, can you give out the windows server.dll?

This would allow Silk et al. to test maps before the release of the game.

It wouldn't allow non-testers to play because they don't have the game.

Thanks

EDIT: This is not to test the server. That would all be done on the RC Test Server. This is just to test maps

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. Silk

Silk Mapper

I would surely love to test my map with hdr, and compile it with the new engine to see if new errors come up, or current problems will be solved.
    And the time i would be spending on testing the map in 2.0 would not be more than the time i'm currently spending on testing the map in 1.071, so you wouldn't miss me at all ;)

I think all people who are working on their map would love to use the new engine, with the new textures and entities added to the .fgd. It would give us a headstart of one month to do something with the map, and - who knows - maybe have it ready shortly after the release. New players will probably like the effort the community is putting into empires.

3. eth0

eth0 Member

Well Krenzo, Rick + Me are prepping the Linux server build, currently borked, and Krenzo initially indicated that once the Linux server is ready to accept players he'd take down the windows server.

Now what the plan after that is, i couldn't say, but with Krenzo's permission it might be an idea to suggest to Krenzo that once the Linux server is in a fit state maybe it could be turned in to a closed map test server during the pre-launch?

(That said i dunno how long after the Linux server is stable Krenzo will keen to release the game)

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

As far as I know:

Nov 15 = PR Blitz
    Dec 1 = Release

5. rat

rat Member

Happy holidays, indeed.

6. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Holidays?

I get on my holiday Dec 22nd or at least very close to 24th.