Sentry Towers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Shinzon, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Imagine a BIG tall turret (Something like the GDI towers from C&C)
    Hit stronger, have more HP, cost ALOT more, but are easy to hit due to their large profile...

They would replace regular turrets, for the commanders, so they can't build today's turrets anymore (Engineers still can build today's regular turrets)

Advantages:
    -Would reduce insane turret spam
    -They can't be built anywhere (Not enogh space)
    -Have a higher profile that will allow for easier hits with tanks, and grenadiers
    -Pack alot meaner punch (1 could easily take out a ninja)

Disadvantages:
    -Can't be plopped just anywhere, so that small spots can't be defended by placing a turret
    -Higher profile will mean that sniping by a tank from a safe distance is viable (Think the giant HIT ME SIGN that the NF rax are)

Implimintation:
    -Could be part of wall upgrades, so that a wall will have to be built first then upgraded to the desired Sentry tower
    -Placed like regular turrets, and build regularly by engineers
    -Could need modular upgrades (Just a tower is built, then seperate upgrades are needed i.e: MG Upgrade, ML Upgrade, AA Upgrade)

Discuss:

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

We got ourselfs a Command & Conquer firestorm fan.

I loved those towers. Plop one down. Then put a mg, gl, or ml on it. lol I spammed them as much as I could but, the huge price and power needs kept me at bey.

3. HackUser

HackUser Member

Sounds cool.

4. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I've been a supporter of the idea of some sort of more powerful but expensive turret with a 'hit me' sign on it since one was suggested a while ago. The only thing I wouldn't want to see is it replacing the other turrets once you research it. You should still be able to have some inexpensive protection for lesser areas or when you don't have the cash for a 500-1000 res tower.

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Engineers can still build regular turrets; Makes them that much more important...

The commander can build a tower from the very begining, but it is a choice do I place that VF or A tower to keep myself safe?

Instead of now, Ill place a VF and spam a couple of turrets :D

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I havn't seen turret spam for at least a month. what's your problem with them, you have trouble hitting them with tanks or something?

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

from a far distance yes, I have trouble hitting a winny turret thats hiding behind a small hill...

But form up close I have to be blind to miss, be the turret fires back up close :(

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

sorry about being so rude there, I just posted it and closed the window. Yeah, it is anoying to kill those turrets when everytime you fire, your turret jumps about 3 inches up the screen and you have to re-aim.

9. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Sounds good, reminds of the god like bases my friend & I would build on on C&C: Firestorm (We would combine our bases & my friend would build a wall of Oblisks of Light & laser turrets, & I would build the S.A.M. sites & artillary to help defend it, no one ever got through our defenses, giving us pleny of time to build my 50 Banshee army & his massive Tick tank/Stealth tank army), possibly you can add a delay between attacks so that whole convoys of tanks don't get sizzled.

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Damage could be dealt this way:

Concentrates all batteries on one target, does a HELL LOT more damage then current turrets, but only attacks 1 target at a time (And each shot doesn't mean a hit)

Or spreads out that each battery is its own entity and targets independantly. Does the same damage as todays turrets (Per battery) But can target alot of units on the battlefield, causing a sort of a supressive fire that makes the enemy think "Wholy shit, I aint getting near that thing; Me neither man..."

11. ViroMan

I would like to see some kinda priority list for the BIG turrets to aim at. Bigger turret means more room for AI and strength right?

1) Blockade runners (anything going really fast past turrets) (concentrate fire).
    2) Trying to pick off turrets(concentrate fire).
    3) Pick off Easiest targets. (in this order humvee, arty, APC, LT, then heavy)
    4) Shoot closest thing.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

am I getting this right; you guys are annoyed at having to destroy turrets, so instead your making them much bigger and more powerful so, apparently, the commander will build less of them.

I would totally agree if i still saw turret spam in the game, but currently i just don't. it doesn't happen. I think that it can be anoying to snipe at turrets when you're in a tank, but it's not THAT bad. it can be done. and if you destroy three turrets with your 30 shots, then you've pretty much opened up an entire flank of your enemy.

to be honest, I don't want to see bigger turrets, because at the moment they work just right imo.

13. ViroMan

I think they work fine the way they are too but, if ppl are gana thow out ideas... heck im gana mix mine in there too.

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

They work, but the question is "Do they work well" Personly I think they dont work well, the are a very iffy thing... and most new players are now afraid to go com (Henceforh no farms) only the more seasoned ones go into com, and by then they know of better ways of playing the game...

15. ViroMan

When they bring in planes... im SURE they will need some kinda improvement. As they stand atm... I think they are doing fine.I would like the rof for ml to go down and the dmg to go up tho.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

why? just wondering.

17. ViroMan

lvl 3 ml practicaly spew missiles. I would like to see.. a higher climb in damage and higher turn speeds rather then higher launch speeds.

Reason for Higher turn speeds for the launched missile:
    Well as most ppl know... a jeep running p3 or even an apc(if your good) can outrun/manuver a missile shot at it. It makes complete sence in rl that you CAN'T outrun a missile on ground.(unless it runs outa fuel from being fired so far away.)

Reason for higher damage:
    Any known real life platform missile launcher can spew missiles, Its true but then there is a long pause in between as the tubes are reloaded. In this game the missiles never run out and are reloaded instantly. I know this is just a game but adding some commen sence can add more realism. Making the missiles do more dmg and loading slower makes them closer to what todays missiles do. Im not saying make them one hit kill missiles like todays missiles practicaly are (god no) but, they should do more. I also understand tank wars can be fairly interesting with lower missile dmg. However understanding all this... turning missiles into mearly rocks with guidance is wrong.

18. Mydarbin

Mydarbin Member

Any real player knows the only game you can turtle in and win against a GOOD player is total annihilation

19. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i think that all anti-tank/building weapons (trts, tank mounted, and grenader rockets/mortars) need x2dmg and 1/2 fire rate.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

two up ^^ and mutant ninja turtles games.

no to inf fired rockets and mortars, they're already slow enough. against any reasonable tank, you miss you're shot and you'd be OUT.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006