Selective wage use for commanding

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grantrithor, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

As commander, wages build up like crazy, and you end up having a crapload of wages but nothing to spend on, so my idea is, when researching, and the money is low, comms could press another button called "cover with wages" and it will use both wages and team resources to buy something. Same could happen when placing buildings a prompt would come up telling them of insufficient resources, then there's a button for using from wages and another button to not to buy it.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Probably just borderline in terms of forcing your team to do shit for you. I doubt someone would go to the effort of forcing someone else to get in the CV so they could build something, no more than forcing someone to build tanks for the team anyway. So not a bad idea.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Wait isnt this like, give wages to resource pool, but then camoflaged?

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Nah, it's a lot more long-winded and would require giving someone your CV. It's about 100x harder to grief.

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It isn't putting anything into the resource pool, it works exactly like buying a tank as a non-commanding player, a portion of the cost will be subsidized so that you don't use up all of the team's resources.

6. Paradox

I know, but its like,,,
    wages to resource pool: Commander uses wages to buy tanks buildings and research

selective wages: Player in cv gives his wages to buy tanks buildings or research,,, so infact selective wages is like wages to resource pool but way more work etc

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Im pretty sure it used my wages when I spawned vehicles as com.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

You don't understand, it uses the comm's wages when he feels like it, not every single time he builds/researches something, so if he wanted to save up to buy the 1500 res nuke research that he wants to 100% subsidize, then he can without having to subsidize all the prerequisites.

9. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wages are to encourage players to build more tanks, not to cover the asses of comms who cant manage resources.

10. Paradox

so its more like, optional wages to res pool.... it all comes down to the fact you can put your wages in the res pool, direct or indirect.

11. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

if it were just the comm's wages, you could simply have a box that you can check or not beside the wage counter:

-------------------------------------------------------
    | res: 385 (+2) | wages: 640 | use wages: [x] |
    -------------------------------------------------------

with that box checked you could build a radar or vf, without it, you can't.

I don't see why comms couldn't do that, except that 90% of the time it would be a no brainer and you'd just always leave it checked.