Scripts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by AURIFICATIONALIST, Jul 21, 2007.

1. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

I have browsed this forum a little and I gotta tell you. I am getting all kinds of ideas for scripted weapons and vehicles and items. I have already made 4 new weapons, two slotted armor, and two vehciles variants, with different abilities and weapon slots. I am trying to keep them as balanced as possible, but I can't run a public server to test them out, anybody waana help me with this?

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

You could try it for 1.071?

3. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

Yrah, but that still means that my servers never work. No one can ever find the ip address or join the server. IDK but all my scripts thus far are compatitble, technically, with both versions.

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The scripts really need to be on the client's computer as well. Maybe you can put it in a res file to give it to the client.

I actually thought people would try making new scripts, but I haven't seen it done in over a year.

5. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

WEll, i've started up a 1.07 server that uses them ,but no one has joined yet to see if the server scripts carry over to the client that has joined the server. Can someone check it out? contact me on steam friends :napierb_c3bb_Com is my steam friends user name

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

You'd need to install mani mod or something to force a file download. A normal server will no overwrite a client file like that.

7. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

Technically, i don't want to overwrite anyone's files. Krenzo, is there a way to specify an extra script file for the game to use in addition to the default one. Like two script files for each category such as weapons, chassis, and armor?

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

No, not currently. It'd have to be added.

9. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

Aw... That stinks, but if you are not too busy... ;) Maybe RC17 could have a new line of code or two. (IDK really, for all I know it could about 500 lines of code :pathetic: )

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I thought about custom vehicle scripts referenced in maps a year ago.

11. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Or take a copy at your empires folder under Sourcemods folder and then paste it in there again. Rename it to empires_custom or something and add your custom files there.

Now tell every one else who wants to do this do the same thing and add same files to same places in that folder. Finally tell people to change some things in their gameinfo.txt file like add word "custom" to the game and title lines and I think this would work.

I once renamed my pilotable striders mod's folder from stupid 910 to pilotable_striders or something and I couldn't find any servers after that. So I think this could work because then it turns to "new" mod under Sourcemods folder. I think.

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

sv_lan 0