Scripting request: Make all guns automatic and use bursts to make single shots

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chris0132', Oct 3, 2009.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

This is just a gripe I have with scripts, you can make auto guns semi auto by using the burst parameter and setting it to 1 round bursts, but you can't do the opposite, so please make all guns automatic and modify the scripts to make them single shot.

Also please make it so that the scout rifle can have its unscoping after shooting removed by changing the script, because I have a few possible uses for the model, I just can't try them out if it unscopes after use.

Also being able to define the amount of zoom a gun has when in IS mode in the script would be nice.

That's all I think, just some technical changes that would allow me to try some more interesting balances.

Edit: Oh wait yes, define ammo counts in scripts too, max and, if possible, rate at which it fills when using an ammo box.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I believe the ammo-box rate is a factor of the clip size, and the other ammo-aspects are already modifiable.

That said, I agree with everything else entirely. Not much of a suggestion really, but I still think the things should be done.

3. 0yv47

0yv47 Member

i doez supportz this. :|ove:

ammoboxes works fine at the moment... although improving it couldn't hurt ^^

4. Demented

Demented Member

"Also please make it so that the scout rifle can have its unscoping after shooting removed by changing the script, because I have a few possible uses for the model, I just can't try them out if it unscopes after use."
    Can't you change the model of a different gun to that of the scout's model?

"Edit: Oh wait yes, define ammo counts in scripts too, max and, if possible, rate at which it fills when using an ammo box."
    The former is defined, it's in max_ammo.txt or something. Ammo filled when using an ammo box is set at 33%, rounded down. You start with 25% ammo, rounded up.

Also, what about the damage and speed of the rpg, grenades and mines?

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

max_ammo.txt

In SVN, you can define spawn ammo. In 2.24d it's 33% you spawn with.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Possibly, but then it wouldn't zoom in or have the crosshairs visible, and the ironsights would probably be wrong.

kk

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Got some more:

If there isn't already, a way to define what classes have access to what guns using a script, also the ability to define max ammo counts per-gun and multipliers for that per-class please as having to modify the ammotype of the guns and them modify the max_ammo so that classes don't end up with conflicts is really frigging annoying. It's also the most retarded method I can think of for doing that.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

First thing is already implemented in the SVN (don't you read the logs for it?), but there's some hidden weapon code that I've been as of yet unable to track down that makes for some things acting weird sometimes (RPG not being given as gren etc). Also, I find that the current max ammo system works fine ( plus it's the way it's done in the SDK and I'm not going to rip out SDK code just yet :p)

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No I don't read SVN logs, because it is unlikely to contain anything I am interested in and reading it doesn't make it become publicly released any faster.

Also in theory there isn't anything wrong with it, but consider that the BE rifleman in my balance has a pistol (ammo_pistol) a machine pistol (ammo_smg) an autoshotgun (ammo_rifle) and a carbine (ammo_50cal)

The NF rifleman has a pistol (ammo_pistol) a 50 cal (ammo_50cal) and a semi automatic shotgun which consumes ammo at half the rate (ammo_buckshot) so I had to reassign the shotgun pistol to also use ammo_pistol so that I could vary the weapons.

I can't modify weapons much because I will rapdily run out of ammo types for BE and NF versions. Not much I can do about it, or can I define my own ammo types whenever I feel like it?

10. Demented

Demented Member

If you're willing to ignore the icons that pop up when you acquire ammo, there's always the smg, mortar, rocket and missile ammo types.

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Unfortunately, this is currently hardcoded. I'll see if it can be done, but I think these are macro functions, and I'm not very acquainted with those :s

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

In that case you could just give me a dozen ammo types per gun, as in ammo_pistol_1 ammo_pistol_2 and so on, so I can just give every weapon its own ammo type and define them individually in the ammo script.

For ease of use, perhaps make half of them ammo_be_pistol_ and half of them ammo_nf_pistol_ etc. That way I can just give each gun its own ammo which lines up with its weapon number, smg1 smg2 etc, and I know which guns are which in the ammo file.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009