Scriptable option to limit Commander attack orders

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Feb 7, 2010.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I'm not sure if this is even possible to code, but I think a good way to end the debate about the Commander attack orders is to make a server-side option to limit the amount of attack orders a Commander can give at one time. Say, an option to turn on limits and another option to define that limit. This way, people that don't like "wall-hax" can remove all Commander attack orders, or limit the attack orders to one, or ten, or just leave the default unlimited setting on.

Please flame and kick me. Thank you. :pathetic:

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Could do, but we're working for a solution for everyone, or rather agreement. Having it as a script means it'll apply to servers (right?), which means anyone coming there will have the server setting forced on them.

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

If we can't come to a consensus on debate, perhaps we can try experimenting? Balancing the complex research/weapons/tank/etc. can't be done simply by comparing number charts, they have to be experimented with. Why not try with this?

4. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

I don't like experimenting with this, mostly because I think the sampling pool will be tainted. Commanders will ragequit when they can't give targets and are forced to yell "no by the tree, the tree, left left left left now he's moving behind you oh my god HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HIM WHAT THE FUCK"

and players will quit because the server not using wallhax either "sucks" or "is broken". The only people who will give it a shot are the people who already think it's a good idea, and those who think it's a bad idea won't actually give it a shot. Basically everyone will just feel stronger about it in the same direction after "testing" it.

Commander targets (aka wallhax) will never totally be removed, the only debate is how automated and how much cost (in the form of time/attention or resources). Just like how you would expect your squad leader to be able to paint a target for you, the commander should be able to do the same.

5. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Compromise:

-Change the look of commander targets to the look of engi-camera targets. Maybe let them blink even slower.

-Increase engi-camera and engi-radar range and give them the look of commander targets

-Let commander also plase engi-camera and engi-radar.

-Expand scout enhanced senses to squad or whole team. Don't draw them only on minimap. Add rectangles like for commander targets.

-Give player a marker, when he is targeted by enemy commander