scout squad power

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by KILLX, Nov 27, 2007.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Something interesting that came to mind for a scout squad power is missile control. a scout SL marks a target with binoculars, then activates the power within 5 seconds of marking it (to prevent it targeting the wrong thing). at this point, a number of nearby friendly missile turrets (say, 5?) automatically fire at the marked target. the point of this would be using the marked coordinates of an enemy to help missile turrets strike past their default range. of course, if this was ever used, it would have to be damn intensive in terms of squad points. maybe 8 points per use, due to the sheer effectiveness of this?

just something that popped into my mind that seems interesting

2. munky91

munky91 Member

Interesting idea, and it would be more usefull than recon is. We would have to balance the # of turret and the cost of course.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think recon should last a minute or even 90 seconds. it is useful in some situations, like you and a group sneaking into a base just not very many.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

stay ontopic plz

5. Androc

Androc Member

I don't think it would end up being that useful, since the missiles fly straight. More than likely, they're all going to end up hitting obstacles.

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

never said they would fly straight. they use the artillery marker coordinates to extend their range for the attack. the only real reason other than balancing that ML's have a restricted range is that there are limits to guidance systems that can be compactly built onto a automated missile launcher.

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

So I dont understand how this works; does every turret on the map target that thing? so they all fire in the sky and the stuff lock on the target and rains 1 volley of hell on it?

If so then I say that is a bad idea; artilery is there; this is similar; if anything buff arty strike...

I can see a team spamming turrets up; and then using this to instantly target the CV...

In general:

No; since it incourages turret spam; I want to play against real human beings not constantly trying to clear a turret farm...

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I was going to say something like; Would there be extra AI coding involved :confused:

Or extension of flightpathing :confused:

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

no, its not an artillery strike, or all turrets. the 3 friendly ML turrets closest to the scout that activates the power use the coordinates of the marker to extend their range for the one shot. just the one.

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

That gives a scout a direct attack power; the scout is more of a recon/sabotage class

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i know. my original idea was making it so a scout could use spotting to re-purpose enemy turrets for 1 shot, but that would be over powered, and I couldn't just let the idea die

12. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

How about a skill that re-directs any missiles in flight towards the designated target's general area? You could use it to your advantage, but it requires teamwork since a single scout can't make enemy tanks or ML turrets fire, but a friendly tank can come in and fire off some MLs and make enemy turrets shoot at their own buildings. It shouldn't be over powered because when I say 'general area' I mean just that. Those missiles may hit the building, or miss it by 10 feet, you could compare the accuracy to that of trying to rocketsnipe a BE rax from half a mile away with standard MLs in 1.07.

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

This suggestion is just ridiculously specific and would almost never be useable.

14. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

as an alternative: it marks a tank (or infantry) for X seconds (im thinking 45-60) so that once it enters enemy turret range it becomes the target no matter how many other units are in range. can be used on allies or enemies.

OMG new idea: spend points to do a sabatoge that makes an enemy turret target friendlies for 30 seconds

15. Androc

Androc Member

I don't know, I think this is all too specific.

Heh, here's an idea: The squad power is activated, and a blinding flash occurs. When you can see again, you notive that the scout and any friendlies immediately around him are gone. Jumped, say, 150 meters (this could be changed depending on the map) in a random direction. All vehicles and buildings around where they were have been sabotaged.

You get to make a dramatic exit, and leave them a little something to remember you by. It would have to be expensive, but it would be fun as hell to use.

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

That sounds like trouble to code, unless you'd like to be stuck outside the map or in a wall, or a vehicle.

17. Androc

Androc Member

Couldn't you just code it so if you were going to be jumped into a wall, it just adds five or so feet in another random direction? Or just re-does the jump entirely?

Granted, I could be wrong. I don't pretend to understand coding that well.