Scout: Sabotage Vehicles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by RoboTek, Mar 3, 2009.

1. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

Currently the role of the scout is to kill at close and extreme range (which it sucks at) and to undermine the enemy. I believe one of the better ways to do this would be to have the scout able to sabotage enemy vehicles. Sabotaging vehicles would be slightly faster than buildings currently are and make the vehicle slower and heat up more quickly. It would not create a smoke effect, but would be easily repairable by an engineer or repair bay. Sabotaged repair bays would not fix it.

This gives the scout a more realistic use against vehicles, as it is able to make the enemy's units significantly worse without them generally realizing it. Fits into the general current uses of scout well and expands their usefulness.

Pros:
    Increases usefulness of scout
    Is easy to code

Cons:
    Might encourage people to do stupid things.
    Is either obvious or not very effective

Opinions?

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Scout has already the sticky stun bombs to overheat a vehicle.

Or do you mean, that Scout should run after vehicles and sabotage them like buildings? How to do this, without getting killed?

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You said it yourself.. Stunsticky ;)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

Stun-sticky would be one way, or simply by having the vehicle be unmanned or otherwise occupied and unmoving. It would not be an ability that would be a focus of the class, more something that would expand their capabilities.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ya know...i'm not really sure about what this idea is really about, but what if the stun sticky actually leaves your vehicle saboutaged in this way until it's repaired - e.g. you're slowed and overheat quicker until it's repaired. Obviously it's pretty easy to repair a vehicle in the field, and as long as it doesn't apply to the CV, I can't see the harm...

6. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

The problem I have with the stun sticky is that you get so few and the scout is almost always behind enemy lines if he is even using half of his capacity. He has no realistic way to restock bad their either. If you keep just having him perform roles that require restocked ammo, you are setting him up to be a worse combat class, because they are equally tied to an ammo crate.

The way I see him now is as a sort of reverse-engineer. This means that he needs to have consistently useful and reusable abilities or he will not be an aid to a team.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Not everyone is an engineer in tanks ;) .