scout need a purpose. (also HI! )

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by darktimes, Apr 22, 2008.

1. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

If you mean anti-tank ammo. No. There's another thread for that. AT something.. Search it up ;)

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Next person to propose rifles that hurt vehicles will be brutally raped, then devoured by mutant lions, then shit out, and fed to hordes of emp_recruits.

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You forgot the lion pithole ^^ .

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It's not a sniper rifle, you just use it as one.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont want to start a philosophical debate but does a tool not defines its function throught the way it is used ?!

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

In games, the developers define it.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Lmao so if I use the flat side of an axe as a hammer, the axe suddenly becomes a hammer? :D

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You'd call it a haxe. Bet you don't know where that came from. :p

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

:pathetic:

A hammer is a item that uses leverage to get more and concentrated force
    on one point. So if you use the flat side of an axe as a hammer you use it as
    a hammer so it is a hammer. You might call it still axe but the purpose for it in
    that moment is that of an hammer. Puhh hard to explain something like that
    in a language that you dont nativly speak...

10. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

estimated beerdudeIQ -=30 points

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

And you're a knob

12. Tal_Shiar

Tal_Shiar Member

Basically i used some of the ideas on this forum in order to find a way to
    make the scout more useful in gaining information without making them too powerful.

Scout Armaments:

Pistols: Pistol (plain)

Main Weapons: SMG (1 or 2)
    Tag Rifle
    Rifle

Explosives: Concussion Grenade
    Satchel Pack
    Trap Kit

Other: Scout Tool

Now the change I made to the main weapons, is to add in a tag rifle and a standard rifle. The standard rifle should cause a little less damage then the current one, while also removing its scope and making it a semi-automatic (5 bullets with each reload). This will still make it useful for long range combat, while limiting its sniper usage.

The tag rifle however keeps the scope, but the ammo is really only useful for tagging enemy units. Thus this rifle is used in a more passive role or tagging enemy tanks and personnel. The rifle is not a semi-automatic however, and it only brings up the unit it tags on the mini-map.

The satchel pack, should only be an anti-building unit, while not making it extreamly powerful. It should have a limited radius agents personnel, and is only good at taking out sabotaged turrets, armories, wall sections and the small sensors.

The trap kit, i think should be brought into play. Basically it allows a scout two built (yes, build like an engineer) two traps that are designed to restrict an enemy unit (not tanks) from moving for 10-20 seconds. It does not however restrict the enemy's ability to fire, so the enemy unit is still dangerous. This trap kit would be useful for those scouts who are tagging enemy units, since if they are found. They still have the ability to escape.

Now the scout tool is the most unique. I believe it should be a standard on the scout class, and in some ways act as an engineer tool as i will describe later. First off, the tool should have the ability to sabotage an enemy building (thus that ability should move into the scout tool). Yet the tool can also build sensor turrets too, thus helping detect opponents (yes,remove those sensors from the engineer). The tool needs a long time to recharge though, so scouts should be weary on how they use it.

The scout tool also has some specials as well, for example after sabotaging an enemy building, a scout can insert a system virus into a building (thus even if the building is repaired the virus still exists, the only way to remove the virus is to recycle the building, or if the building gets destroyed). If the scout is successful in inserting the virus, he should next try to build a comm tower (has to be a specific distance away from the building), and the information received from the virus is sent directly back to your team.

The tower however is a large tower, and is not that hard to find/destroyed (once destroyed the signals will not be sent, bit since the units still have the virus, if they get in range of a tower well, you get the picture.).

Different forms of communication come from different buildings:

Comm(can get the virus): Listen into their voice/text messages
    Radar: See all enemy units in their radar range
    Barracks: View enemy classes/barracks
    Vehical Factory: See their tank armaments
    Refinery: View their resources

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

No point suggesting a new scout rifle. One is currently in testing.

14. Demented

Demented Member

If the axe is big enough, it's a sledgehammer!

Actually, I've got an axe that does that. Hm.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

No. When an axe is oversized it's a battle axe. Now split some skulls open!

16. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

Wiki says:
    A battle axe (also battle-axe or battle-ax) is an axe specifically designed as a weapon. Battle axes were specialized versions of utility axes. Many were suitable for use in one hand, while others were larger and were wielded two-handed. Axes designed for warfare ranged in weight from just over 0.5 kg to 3 kg (1 to 6 pounds), and in length from just over 30 cm to upwards of 1.5 m (1 to 5 feet), such as the Danish axe or the sparth axe.

So when exactly is it oversized? Let me be your personal smart ass. :D

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

/me pulls a 20 foot axe out of Dragoon's ass (how the fuck did it fit in there!??!?!?!) and cuts him to pieces with it

18. FlamingPope

FlamingPope Member

I believe your all forgetting the main purpose of a scout, to run up AHEAD and preview the area before main force arrives.

- So after a few hundred games as scout, I can never understand- why don't the scouts run faster, or have more endurance?

-I believe most of you guys can agree with me on this one, and in terms of programming this, it shouldn't take any more than one or two lines of code

19. KILLX

KILLX Banned

You're partly right, but mostly wrong. The Scouts job IS NOT to reach the frontlines first. They are NOT a combat role. The Scout is for scouting and recon. That by no means means reaching the front first. It means infiltrating a hostile area (or camping in a safe place on the enemy front) and feeding information back to your team. That was how the Scout was intended to be.

Sadly, due to the devs being selective for testers, we never experienced the excessive Scout problem in testing. We were too busy finding those nasty bugs while they hid so that the devs could squash them.

20. bloodoath6136

bloodoath6136 Member

Its great and all except now we got a problem in ANY game with half decent players... Now I don't understand what you mean by bomber, so I'm going on a limb and assuming you mean a grenadier... So what happens when a com rushes a vf, get a jeep with a gren and a scout, or maybe an apc with 4 grens and 4 scouts... runs up to enemy main and KABLOOOSH instant win...