Scout hide idea.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Apr 22, 2010.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I've had these ideas for a while now, so I'm just going to post this already:

Have a bar that determines how invisible you are. The bar recharges by staying still. As long as the bar is even slightly filled, then you are mostly invisible. This means that you can sprint (or walk or crawl) past infantry quickly as long as you can avoid getting too close to them and find somewhere to wait for your invisibility bar to recharge. As soon as the bar runs out, however, you are mostly visible. When mostly visible, the only thing that will not see you are turrets and cameras. The bar lasts for x seconds while moving at full charge. If you fire any weapon, your invisibility disappears completely. However, if you use mele or grenades, you stay invisible. This way you can still sneak past infantry, but you don't have to spend two minutes crawling up to turrets.

Most iffy idea: If you get shot, you loose your invisibility.

Aaaand that's it. Another fail-suggestion, brought to you by a professional.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

ITT camping makes you better.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeah a better target ^^

4. zenarion

zenarion Member

This is better than current scout actually

5. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

:unsure: Should I request a moderator to make a poll here?

Thanks! ^^

6. zenarion

zenarion Member

Well duh!
    Scout hide gameplay currently:
    lie flat on your belly like a slithering snakebeast, and not stand tall and walk as a man. Spend your game time in the grass like a turd, camping.

Scout gameplay with TF2-stolen scout hide:
    plan your movement with rushes and decoys through the enemy base. Move about using real cover, but do it fast.

7. Demented

Demented Member

If there were grass, I would rather spend my time in it like a camping turd than use the Hide skill.

8. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Other than the idea that getting shot would make you visible, this is a perfect fix for the hide skill IMO.

9. OuNin

OuNin Member

science and industry cloak device. uses a battery.

primary fire, timed invisibility. expends battery quickly, cloaks fully with full movement.

secondary fire, sustained cloak, with drain dependent on velocity (like cloak and dagger in TF2).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  10. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

This has been suggested multiple times and in multiple forms. Your suggestion is a variation on a long-running theme. I was a fan of it when I first heard it and I am still a fan of it now. It only makes sense to give the scout more tools for mobility if that is going to be one of his emphasized advantages.

11. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Scouts are the first in a battle. Not the bitches hiding behind hoping not to be seen. Invis+mobility is fine for me.

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

It's a nice idea, but it would slow scouts even more down, while already crawling 500 meter infront of lvl3 turrets,
    but the main problem is it does not fix the problem that you don't find a scout if he does NOT move and therefore, what's the point? Wait,move,wait,move ... and if you run out of power just stand for a few sec and move again :confused:
    Would make scout more boring and more useless, ...

Why a poll :confused:

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Did you even read his suggestion? He's saying that scouts should be able to hide while SPRINTING for a short time. That seems like the opposite of slowing them down.

14. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Oh, I didn't see sprint ... sorry
    Can't change my vote ... :(