Salvage, mini vfs, charge stations, and more

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by InstantDeath, Jan 3, 2008.

1. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

Idea: Engineer ability: Salvage

gives the ability to salvage dead vehicles and buildings to add a little to resources.

This might help speed up the game slightly, Ive gotten several comments from people that they find the most boring part of the game is waiting for resources.

---------

Idea: Mini VFs

A much smaller, cheaper and efficient building for a quick forward vehicle factory to launch quick attacks such as APC rushes, jeep rushes and possibly light tank rushes.

This would only support jeeps, APCs and possibly light tanks. This building would also have to be researched first to prevent a quick game.

----

Idea: Charge stations

The other classes can refill their ammo at the armory, but why can't engineers recharge their repair kits too? I think it would be worth the resources to build more than one armory per base if this were implemented.

----
    Idea: Turret upgrades:

If the commander has researched lvl2 turrets, any engineer can place level 2 turrets whether they have the upgrade skill or not. The same goes for lvl3 turrets.

---

Idea : Improved refineries

Research improved refineries to be more efficient in collecting resources. This would be upgraded like an engineer turret upgrade skill, they would have to be rebuilt, but without having to recycle the old one first. The improved refineries would also cost 50 more resources than the original. so it would cost 50 res to upgrade.

---

Idea: Improved structural materials

A researchable item that improves the health of all your buildings by 50+ health points

---

Idea: placeable ramps or gates

the commander can place a ramp or gate that makes it harder for the enemy to get in and easier for the friendlies to get out.

---

This is just a few ideas I've been thinking about to improve Empires.

feel free to add your own ideas or give some constructive criticism

2. polaski

polaski Member

How about new turrets too like drone turrets. Seeing as the current turrets are just targets that shoot back when heavys come around. All its gotta be is a little box on the ground controlloing an UAcV (i know its uav but the c is for combat) thats 7 feet of the ground spitting weapons fire. Both the drone and the control box is destroyable but the drone respawns if the box isnt dead.

I like the refinery idea but my idea is to put 4 auto cannons on it, add some health, and increase the resorces comming from it for 300 res to upgrade. The auto cannons would just be multi target pices of crap lol but this might change the game if implemented. But one thing i like is the comm decision counting on the tank if hard pressed he can pop out his custom tank for people to use. So i want 3 choice desicions about refinerys standard, defensive, or money.

I know this would get shot down almost instantly if presented wrong but here i go. Repair turrets.turrets that repair the base based of of the uacv turret. this turret cant repair saped buildings when saped but if the take a hit but there repair rate is horendus its there to keep the random stray hits from killing the base it could be more of a server option to allow them but on noob servers its a littil hard to get the recruits to repair your base as a comm but the engi is still required to repair the base if its been saped.

The uav ai could use a leash system there more of guard dog turrets than ai players. it would seem pretty easy to script it to aviod walls but i dont know about trees and rocks.