Rocket Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Zombie Invasion, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Zombie Invasion

Zombie Invasion Member

One of the better ways I think to counter turret spam, would be to create new rockets.

- Remove the old rocket.

- EMP Rocket
    - Used against vehicles has a devastating effect. 1 hit need to destroy jeep.
    2 hits to destroy APCs and Light Tank. 3 hits to destroy Medium Tank. 4 hits to destroy heavy tank.

- Flak Rocket
    - Used to counter infantry. Explodes 10 ft. from impact causing damage to units in cone of effect. Causes 25%-75% of health bar to be destroyed.

- Shock Rocket
    - Used against buildings. Hits buildings causing damage to the building and dazes any infantry inside or near the building. 4-5 hits for most buildings. 6-7 for walls and bunkers (if implemented(would only cause 25% of the regular shock to troops in bunkers)).

This would also help to solve some of the heavy/medium tank dominance on the field. This addition along with any other addition would also require tweaking with it and the other classes to balance things. My feelings are while this might fix some of the dominace of certain things it could just encourage rocket spamming like in DOD:Source.

2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

mabey emp is a bit over powered

3. Zombie Invasion

Zombie Invasion Member

Ya I was thinking that too. Maybe increase the hits required to destroy each vehicle by 1. Jeeps-2 / APC-3 / Light Tank-3 / Medium Tank-4 / Heavy Tank - 4

4. Nato

Nato Member

I really do not understand why we need a rocket to use agains buildings when we have the mortar.

I do not really understand why we need a anti infantry rocket when if you really feel like going out and killing infantry you should pick another class...

As to the anti tank one 1 player who is rolling around in a very expensive tank should not be instagibbed from another player with a weapon that came along cheaply. Maybe add in some kind of a research for the rocket but otherwise a group of genadiers normally can make a tank turn tail unless they are sporting a nuke missile or something of that nature. Well placed mines to slow them down and good cover works wonders for me.

5. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Or it could be that the EMP rocket simply disables the vehicle.

Interesting ideas. I could see them tied to infantry research. :p

6. Zombie Invasion

Zombie Invasion Member

The anti-building rocket could also be used in the mortar.

The anti-infantry rocket would mainly be used to damage the infantry and would probally be used in the mortar, in support of the other troops. It would have a very large blast radius since it doent do much damage.

Third how often is there a group of grenadiers around? Most games there is lucky to be one. The anti-tank would not "insta-gib" a very expensive tank unless you call 5 hits and insta-gib. The purpose of the rocket would be to disable the tanks more then damage them. Like at random depending on where you hit the tank, it would disable different things. Like armor, or weapons, or engines, or coolant.......

7. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

yeh maybe just let it over heat the vehicle for about 10 seconds that would work

8. Revolver

Revolver Member

Flak Rocket would give the rocketeer an anti-infantry ability and unbalance him.

An EMP rocket might allow for better teamwork between tanks and infantry. 10s might be too much. And if it's overheating, I'd call it a HEAT Round (pun intended).

9. Zombie Invasion

Zombie Invasion Member

Ya, I was thinking a flak round would cause rocket spamming. The rocket class should be reserved for tanks and turrets. I just hope the come up with a demo pack or something that maybe a scout could use to destroy buildings?

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

there working on it
    in 1.06 the scout becomes a commando, with bombs and spy gadgets

11. Zombie Invasion

Zombie Invasion Member

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

There is already something like your earily suggestions of the EMP rocket its called the NUKE, does the exact same thing, needs alot of ressearch and only heavy's can carry it...

If there is something like an EMP rocket, I think it should be used against buildings dissableing them for a small amount of time (If it hits the radar, the radar screen gets jammed, veichle factory, tanks cant spawn) the effect would have to be fairly short, this could help against a turret spam, a couple of tanks roll in carrying EMP's Shoot at the turrets, and roll back, while faster and more heavly armored tanks rush into the base, while the turrets are down