Rip?

Discussion in 'General' started by Broccoli, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I started up steam, to get this message:
    [​IMG]

Is this a rip? Not only is the name the same, but so is the font styling. Space empires IV looked nothing like it.

I hope people don't confuse the two.

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

as opposed to every other game with the word "empires"?

3. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Oh don't worry theres 20 other games with the name empires, empire earth actually has a similar font style but its extremely hard to get the two mixed up.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

It wasn't really just the name, but the combination of name and logo. I guess great minds think alike.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

there are probly hundreds of fonts like that, I doubt its the same font.
    For one the Serif's are completely different, the ones on the M (@spaceempires) are thick and long, as where the ones on the header of this forum are thin and short, and exactly the opposite on the E's

This could just be a side effect of warping the fonts, we might never know X)

edit: my browser is fucking up with the javascript again, it treats my posts as if its html, so if I dont put html tags its incredibly long uninterrupted sentences -.-

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  6. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Don't insult Space Empires, or I'll re-arrange your face.

7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

space empires is the worse game in the history of man kind. i mean what kind of lamer can posably like such a lameass game?

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

a wheelchair bound donkey? (lame - ass)

HUR HUR

9. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

hah hah... I laughed at that

10. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Never say that about Space Empires!!! It's a great game, except for the VERY lacking multi-player. You just have to have patience to play S.E because it is turn-based. Of course a person with a 15 second attention span would hate this game! (not saying you are)

Sadly, I can't play this anymore because fucking boontygame.com, the place where I bought it, keeps saying my licsense code is broken, and their customer support will not reply to me anymore!:mad:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  11. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

That's why you order as directly from Malfador as possible.

www.malfador.com

Assemble your story and evidence as well as you can. I'm sure they'd like to know about some company ripping off their customers.

And yes, if your attention span is that of the typical twitch gamer, Space Empires isn't for you (although the new real-time space/ground battles are sure to be awesome. Need to play the demo more...).

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  12. kendrick

kendrick Member

meh i got ticked when he decided to charge for the network addon for 4. when i purchaced it he was saying it was gona be a patch. :(

IT is a extreemly good game but holding out on the network support was not cool. you must enjoy long games that make 2 player monoply look short

13. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

They made a "Deluxe" patch for 4, it's free. Standard and Gold both got upgraded to the same version.

Just remember they're a small developer. They've gotta make money somehow.

14. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

That in no way makes their actions justified. It's like saying that small countries endorse drug cartels and export mass amounts of cocaine and LSD because they "have to make money somehow."

Yes, I am drawing an analogy between a tiny game developer selling a patch and a country selling illegal products that kill people.

Because I said so, dammit!

15. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

As you already stated, that analogy is horrendous. That analogy better fits bundling spyware in a game.

Besides, they did make the patch free... eventually... Took a long time, though. SEIV and SEIV Gold both use the same patch to become Deluxe, and the patch to get there is free. You can't say Malfador is completely evil, just that they're poor.

Besides, you could've just e-mailed the savegame back and forth for multiplayer. Not much fun, I'll admit, but it works.

16. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

omfg play by e-mail games, cyberstorm anyone?

17. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Cyberstorm was teh pwnzar!!!!

Ahh, yes, the olden days.