Rifleman Weapon Balancing (aka me muckraking.)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by The Buttery Lobster, Jun 28, 2007.

?

Which of these weapons, if any, is overpowered?

1. NF AR

57.7%
  2. BE AR

34.6%
  3. Heavy NF Rifle

23.1%
  4. Heavy BE Rifle

26.9%
  5. HMG

42.3%
  6. Shotty Pistol

11.5%
  7. Heavy Pistol (BE Pistol 2)

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

The following applies to RC 13 (duh)

I know, I know. The devs wanna punch me in the groin for stirring up so much trouble. But I'm just a natural hellraiser, what can I say. ANYWAY, on to the topic at hand, Rifleman Balance.

Keep in mind that before you complain about nerfing a weapon, the scout will be slightly more powerful in RC 14 according to Krenzo, so try and nerf a weapon too much.

I honestly don't have any issues with the Rifleman, but, just like the scout, I want some community feedback, and if such feedback warrants change, so be it. If you feel a certain weapon is overpowered,
    A. Mark as such
    B. List how badly you feel the weapon is overpowered.
    C. Explain a possible solution to this issue

If you have any other suggestions for Rifleman balancing that aren't related to their weapons, I guess it's ok to list that, but keep it short and sweet.

And remember: any balance issues are ALL BEERDUDE'S FAULT AHAHAHAHAH!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. arklansman

arklansman Member

The HMG is retardedly accurate, but Beerdude hasn't changed it yet.

3. The Buttery Lobster

I heard some talk about the NF AR being too much more powerful then the BE AR. This may need a LITTLE bit of changing, but I would need to mess around with it more.

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Let's not forget how useless the BEAR2 is

What is it's role, what does it have going for it?
    I would love if this fired any of the upgraded MG ammo (not a research, just pick one)

All it is to me is a giant bulky recoil fest that may or may not have good damage, but is so inaccurate that it doesn't matter.

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

It's actually not much different than the BEAR, just more ammoz and damage, slightly less accurate, and less of a zoom on the ironsights.

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

It's pretty darn deadly on district.

7. Caelo

Caelo Member

are you guys talking about that super ehavy machinge gun BE has?

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

No, we're talking about the BEHR, which looks exactly like the BEAR.

9. The Buttery Lobster

lol, I think picard has complaints about the rifleman class, in general.

But seriously, I've given it some thought, and I agree that the HMG is a death ray. I used that on glycen city and the kills came flying in.

I didn't play with the NF AR much, but I did try and counter it with the BE AR, usually ending up on the losing side, which leads me to believe that the NF AR is slightly, SLIGHTLY overpowered. It's nothing serious, and certainly not as bad as the BEAR was in 1.07.

I have NOT played with the BEHR. I HAVE played with the NFHR, and I love that gun. Don't change it at all.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Here comes the retort train D:

BE AR vs NF AR: Make BE AR some kind of awesome LED display so it opens up viewing space just like it is with the NF AR. Tadaa!

BE HR: I dunno, before it was used as a heavier, close(r)-combat version of the BE AR. I guess I still use it like that.

HMGs: Didn't touch them, they're deathrays indeed :p Reminds me of the good old 1.0 days. They'll change ;)

11. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

The BE ironsights make the BEARs worse instead of better! The NFAR has now to much accuracy (it´s called ASSAULT rifle, not stationary gun!). The HMGs are fine, but you need to make less accuracy and +3-5 damage!

12. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I kinda like the hmgs as they are now but I guess it's a little too deadly.

Can't you make it start off with horrid accuracy and have it go more accurate as you fire? That way people have to make use of the massive clip and kinda get the suppressive fire role down.

13. The Buttery Lobster

I can see how the HMG is too powerful over long range, sort of... but at closer ranges, the AR will tear through it, no problem. So... maybe increase the maximum recoil, just a tad? idk. All i know is when I'm playing duststorm or canyon, i can use the HMG to take down people from very far away.

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

some beefy recoil on the HMG would actually be quite fun in my opinion.

15. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

No, that would just cause more camping than we have now (and its enough)

The NFAR should be like in 1.07, it was really an ASSAULT rifle! But now :/...!
    Maybe make a little difference between NF and BEAR: NFAR does more damage, but BEAR fires faster!

16. sakura157

sakura157 Member

I think the NF heavy rifle (the .50 calibre) is a little over powered. it has no recoil at all. The accuracy is fine but you shouldnt be able to go crazy with pulling the trigger and having almost every shot land on target because the recoil just is not there. SO obviously the NF heavy needs to keep the accuracy but needs alot more recoil.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  17. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It does have the default 1.07 settings. :p
    I'm seeing some contradictory terms here :p

18. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

The HMG isn't an assault weapon. I don't see problem with it holding down strategic points. Also, if your accuracy is shit in the first few shots, you wouldn't have to much trouble finding out where people are camping.

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

This wins the wicked award, as it is wicked. Justify it as you will, but I think this would actually reduce camping, because you'll have to give your position away for a second or two before you could really hit somebody. This would really present covering fire, because once you start firing, you'll be able to hit people who don't get to cover, and they'll have to stay covered until the covering fire stops. But when it stops, oh man, the HMG has it's weakness

I think this would be such a unique addition to gameplay that we should give it a try

20. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

And slower firerate.