Rework Sabotage

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by Deadpool, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

I think sabotage should be changed to shift the scout's role from roving jeep/hide in your vf style gameplay to a more squad oriented power.

What I mean is that the way scout is now, he doesn't need anyone else on the team to destroy a building (of course it takes a while but still)

I suggest that when a building is sabotaged, it drops to 75% or 66% or whatever hp, but has no DOT.

In exchange for the DOT, it could change a buildings resists to make it more vulnerable to squad based weapons (nades and mortars mostly)

This way there's no point in a scout just touring around the map in a jeep holding 'e', but instead he should be a member of a squad who gets in to a base first, maybe while the squad waits a safe distance away, and sabs buildings/shoots defenders at close range while the squads attacks.

pros:

sab less annoying
    promote scout as a squad based class
    strengthen planned sieges
    teamwork baby

cons:

less sniping? (is that a con?)

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why are all the things that have been bugged in previous versions so much better mechanics ... :p
    ok, to be fair, thats not true, but sometimes it appears like that ;)

oh and if thats not clear, im pro this ^^

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

How about, after a scout sabotages a building, it actually repairs itself slowly to the health it was before the scout sabotaged the building?
    Up the damage to sabotage about.. 80% and the speed?
    Stops lone scouts being a pain in the ass, but becomes very useful when used in squad?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. Demented

Demented Member

So we nerf sabotage, but we claim it's a rework because it's now just as good at something it's already good at (squad finishing off a building), can't do something it was good at (DOT), and is better at something that isn't a problem (outdamaging repairing engineers who've been shot dead).

Deadpool, you're a genius!

Too bad about that suggestion.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This suggestion isn't perfect, but I wanna throw it in, because I really like the majority of it. It was from the old scout rework official thread from Megel. As I said in reply to it though (back in September 2009), it should probably do a set amount of damage, so even 2 of them can't destroy a rax, but 1 could destroy an armoury, and each one might have enough charge to take out 4 turrets or something.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you could buff other aspects like the effects of it - for example additionally to 50% damage, reduce the amount of resources generated per tick for refs.
    the difference is that it still generates (reduced) resources and you at least need a 2nd guy (preferably engi) to wreck havoc. this should help lower population games where the jeeping scout destruction machine is the major pita ...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  7. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

Exactly, sabotage as it is now is a pain in the ass on open maps and lower server pops.

I just want a team to have to do something to a sabotaged structure, "hold e destroy building" is lame imo.

That SDD idea is amazing, I love it.