Revive with less health

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rippie, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Rippie

Rippie Member

Make people who get revived start with 25% or less health instead of full.

Pros:
    - Make healing upgrade more useful, no more waiting for people to die instead of healing them.
    - Easier to take out a newly revived full squad in your main!
    - Killspawning to squad rev is more penalized.
    - More "realistic"

Cons:
    - Rev gets a tiny bit less useful.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Squad rev into squadheal

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

nobody takes healing upgrade because the healing system is awful

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

this sadly is true, the healing mechanic is aweful ...

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It's the "STOP FUCKING MOVING" part that troubles me.

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Yeah, there should be like a second, bigger hitbox for healing, would make it easier.

7. Chakan

Chakan Member

1. It would increase chances of patient being killed instanlty after revive.
    2. It would take a lot of time to heal mate back into combat state, and it also requiers cover.
    Such change would nerf infantry efficiency in general, but mostly it will hurt infantry's offencive capabilities.
    I would rather see revive cost got increased. This would allow attacking infanrty to keep momentum while giving a deserved nerf to rev, coz current rev spam is ridiculous.
    But since infantry in general doesnt deserve a nerf, i suggest buffing-remaking healing upgrade, since its useless now. I think it should give engineer's tool ability to apply heal over time effect. It would let engi to actualy heal ppl, even moving ones.

8. Rippie

Rippie Member

Not sure I understand what the problem is with it reducing infantry efficiency, if all we wanted was to make infantry more potent, we could just give them nuke guns and insta-respawn. :P

As for squad-revive into squad-heal, it works perfectly, you pay more points and you get more benefit.

But then its the revive crazy engineer squads. It feels like there is never enough bullets to kill them all. If they all got revived with 1 HP, they would go down fast even with revive.

Revive would still be a highly potent, albeit just slightly less overpowered ability. The reinforcement rate it offers is still an enormous benefit.

I too would like to see that healing up people got easier and more practical.

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I remember a similar suggestion, it went basically like this: you get revived at 10hp/13hp and regain 10hp/13hp (without/with health upg) each idk 2s, 9 times ...

10. Chakan

Chakan Member

The problem is not in that it will reduce infantry efficiency in general. The problem is that it will promote turtling. 'Cause rev will be much more effective in defence than in offence. While by increasing revive cost, up to 100 for example, will let rev stay as versatile as ever but will tone it down, and will stop undead style rev spam.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

"You idiot why did you revive him instead of me now I have to wait for ages omgomgomg you suck"

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I think this would make sense for squad revive. Especially with the nerf to commander armour on its way. A jeep with an engineer in it that can squad revive a team of sticky-laden rifles with ammo upgrade will kill an immobilised commander before anyone can killspawn.

I think if you are using the element of suprise and teleporting across the map for zero cost you should have some disadvantage when you get there. I also think squad rev comm rushes are usually just cheap tactics used by vets in pubs on maps they would rather not play. Rather than the last ditch all or nothing suicide missions they should be in a heated game. It should still be a viable tactic but it should be tougher to do. I would still pick half health and suprise over full health and barrelling headlong into the enemy from a known position.

But for normal revive I don't agree. People get revived prone, and they don't have a beat on you whilst they are down. In open combat it should be easy to kill the revived person before they get on target or unprone, or kill the rev engineer. If the enemy has cover (either from the map or from the engineer) then you may need another person with you but that is what empires is about. Look at it from the otherside.... I'm dead, I'm revived, I'm dead, I'm revived, I'm dead, my revive engineer is dead. Enemy has 3 points and we just wasted 60 seconds

13. Rippie

Rippie Member

Nothing about empires favors turtling ever, you have to push to get resources. This just makes revive a less potent source for doing so. Having to slow down and heal your mates in between seems to promote even more team interaction and tactics rather. Although the suggestion Kane brought up does have some appeal to it.

14. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Money.

15. Rippie

Rippie Member

Yes, and if it wastnt for those meddling artilleries we could go on turtling forever :P

16. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

As Paradox already said, all health penalties can be compensated by squad heal. Makes a killspawn rush a little bit more expensive, but that's it. Cheap tactics or not, turrets and cams can help, and bommtanks pinned down by lone squadrev engineers deserve to die.

I can see only one real "pro argument" in the opost, and that is to make healing upgrade more viable - so why not just boost healing upgrade ?

Up to a 1-2 seconds injection burst for complete healing would make me consider using health upgrade under some circumstances...

Edit: Made this a new suggestion.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  17. Rippie

Rippie Member

Because I do not think there will ever be an incentive to use healing when you can insta-heal someone through revive, no matter how good it gets its still just a less potent version of revive.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if you can heal 99.9999% damage with less then 50% juice, then healing theoretically is better then revive.
    to me the main problem is that its impossible to heal someone unless he isnt moving which barely happens.
    here revive has a huge bonus as usually dead bodies dont move (unless you have this odd bug where they all start to float towards some point in the map)

19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I believe a suggestion was made for radial healing, which BeerDude said would be possible. So you'd be healing people around you instead of who you're targeting, which would make it possible to heal moving people. If that was implemented, healing and healing upgrade would become very useful.

You can definitely heal multiple people to full with 50% juice, and even more with upgrade. It doesn't take *that* long, barely 2 seconds if even with the upgrade; problem is that it's a bit hard to reconstruct a moving person.

20. Chakan

Chakan Member

I dont get that shit about "cant heal moving pplz like in temfortrez!!!1". Heal is ok as out-of-combat feature, and out of combat it doesnt hard for patient to stay still for few seconds, it just takes a bit of attention, understanding and teamwork, things that makes Empires fun.
    When i play engi usualy there are lot of ppl who pay attention and take cover to get heals, and when i play non-engi and i need heals i just sit still near engi and they are usualy quick to react.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012