Revive should use tool ammo

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jimather, May 18, 2006.

1. Jimather

Jimather Member

Ok heres a little suggestion to help stop 1 ticket and trench warfare hell that is logical anyway.

Reviving a team mate should take 1/3 of tool ammo to do.

loads of gameplay pros, only con - you cant revive loads of people really quickly. which imo is a pro.

i really cant see why any sensible player would want to disagree with this particular suggestiion but go ahead and surprise me.

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Would you WANT to wait to revive that last person before that turret takes away that last 5% of your heath?? (no cover, duh)

This HORRIBLE NERF IS UTTERLY

Sensible. :p ;) I like it, good idea.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I've never needed to use it that much in such a short space ot time to warrant the need for this.

ps. "Turret"

4. Jimather

Jimather Member

its to stop you being able to build, heal then revive 3 people on top of that and go straight back to building your turret or whatever again too quickly. not to stop you from reviving a few people when you need to.

if you need to revive quickly you still can, but it makes revive a more valuable skill and is a push away from the endless games we are experiencing mainly due to the proliferation of revive and its ticket defying abilties. its only recently that people have really cottoned on to the power of revive and we must pacify the awakened beast.

5. Jn.

Jn. Member

Eh, just camp around the corner, and whenever the body is revived, shoot the crap out of it. I've got 5 kills over one player being revived 5 times :D I don't see anything wrong with the way revive is now. Usually when someone's revived, they're under heavy fire anyway, since usually when someone dies they were in an enemy's sights before, and the engineer will probably be in the enemy's sights when he attempts a revive.. The only time engineers have a chance to successfully go on reviving binges is after a firefight.

6. Jimather

Jimather Member

exactly. an engineer shouldnt be capable of reviveing someone 5 times in a row that quickly. you get rank points for keeping your mouse in the same place, the engineer gets rank points for pointing and clicking with determination and the dead guy just gets death scores and a frustrating inability to spawn somewhere safe.

how is this good for gameplay ?

its not. in steps my idea to help save the day. and i stress help not do completely

7. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

It's necessary for now that engies multiple revive because the current revive system is honestly a little jarring. You get up and your not sure which way to run and it takes a second to comprehend what has happened. Once you are unstuck, you often get shot before you can move.

I really love shooting multiple revivers and then their engineer buddies.

I think it would hamper gameplay more to make people wait to revive. It would slow gameplay down.

Consider this, is the current revive all that much a hindrance to gameplay? If it is not, should we not be careful on an action that may force players to wait while dead or wait much longer for a revive if an engineer gets shot. I think the current system works to be honest. Doesn't it already use some tool ammo?

8. thaile

thaile Member

you must not revive much, currently it takes about half of the tool ammo to revive a person.

9. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I agree with Jimather completly. A. Sometimes I just want to respawn in a safe area where I can get ammo (not on maps where ticket counter really matters) B. I shouldn't have to freaking kill someone FIVE TIMES (has happened before, esp. when I'm a scout) before they STAY DOWN.

10. Jn.

Jn. Member

Then give a choice to revive. When you're dead, a message pops up asking if you want to be revived, or there is a revive timer of about 3 seconds so you can be ready.

11. Jimather

Jimather Member

wait a minute, that means this entire thread is pointless and i have never even looked at my tool bar whilst reviving.

shit. *slaps self*.

12. theBlind

theBlind Member

EDIT: Damn, didn't read that one until the end.
    Uhhh. Guys... revive already takes 1/2 maxium tool ammo to do.
    /EDIT

If you have problems with getting revived and rejoining the action, learn to cope - you get up and face the direction you were facing before being revived. With a little practice you can get back to shooting in less than a second.

13. zachtos

zachtos Member

I forget, if engineers are reviving eachother, do they spawn w/ full tool ammo? if so this should be an exploit.

14. theBlind

theBlind Member

IIRC (thats recall after 5 days of not playing and dunno how long since checking) they revive and spawn with full toolkit ammo.

I wouldn't call it an exploit, though. The situations where somethig like thise can be exploited are *very* limited (only thing that comes to mind is dying to grenades in turn).
    If you think about (un-)building, suicide, revive, more (un-)building, remember that suiciders can not be revived since 1.02 or so.

15. TheGreatHegemon

TheGreatHegemon Member

Ah yes, I can see this exploit.

"Crap! I'm outta toolkit ammo! Let me run out and get killed!"
    *Pop*
    "Okay, I'm dead, come and revive me!"
    *Other engineer runs out*
    *Other engineer dies*
    "Oops... Uh, a little help?"

16. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

How often do you think that situation like that comes along?

17. zachtos

zachtos Member

every try to kill a group of engineers w/ revive? If they all can inifinitely revive, its an exploit.

18. theBlind

theBlind Member

Toss 'em a few nades. They stay in their hole and die together or come out and die seperated.

Although you get more kills if you keep killing them for a while :)

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I always loose 1/4th of my tool ammo when I revive, I don't know what you guys are talking about

20. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Thing is, when you run out, you can still revive, right?