Reverse tug of war - type map.

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by BitterJesus, Jan 3, 2010.

1. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

The map is just a really long strip with BE spawn on 1 end and NF spawn on the other, and there's 11 flags in between

All flags require 1 person to cap, with the middle being the longest time to cap/neutralize. (like 3 seconds)

There'll be an ungerground route + open higher ground route which is easy to flank.

It's just a concept, I'm interested on what people think of this and how it will turn out.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id like to note that district was designed on this concept

although district is an all infantry map, and i think you wan tto make a commander map out of it its all kewl

then again i remember gauntlet

not saying dont do it, but take these examples (and where they went wrong) in mind when designing your map

3. my_fat_monkey

my_fat_monkey Oh you're my sister!

Actually if they're all 1 person cap points and if the terrain is open enough (within reason) I think it might turn out quite well~

Choke points would obviously be a big no-no I spose? You know, seeing it's a tug-of-war....

4. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

The map would prolly end up being a horseshoe to compensate for the hammer size limit, also how about turning rainbow road into this, lol

5. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Could be kind of interesting. Just make sure that it's balanced. And by that, I don't mean all-infantry.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

don't do like rainbow road where its all flat, unless you were going to do something out of pavement or concrete.

The map could be grassy/sandy/rocky with rolling hills(both teams main bases are on high hills) and the middle flag would be in a deep depression, making it easy to attack but hard to defend, with steep cliffs at some points of this displacement.

The last paragraph were just some suggestions, I hate flat maps, because they are boring, elevation gives variety. Don't simply just make a clone of rainbowroad with an underground portion.

7. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

I was actually thinking of an extended Sidewinder from Halo, just not have the passage behind the bases

8. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Will post some screens later.

9. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member