Returning with some ideas

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Awrethien, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Hey all was out of the game for a year on deployment and missed the good times. Still thought of the mod and ways to try and make it better. Feel free to polish these or spew diarrhea at them at your leisure.

Scout: Scout and sabotage
    I think the DPS is a little over kill and avoiding the point of a scout. That is to FIND THE ENEMY for OTHERS to destroy, and cause chaos. How about this? Refs give reduced income, barracks Inf spawn at 1/4 health, vfs vehicles with no armor or maybe weapons unbound from firing groups(my fave hehe), radar slower research, repair pads repair slower, turrets slower rof. All dropped to 1/4 health, automatically spotted AND SHOW UP ON RADAR TILL FIXED(art feedback anyone?) If anything I think the showing up on radar is the most important part.

Engineer: Building and support
    Decent as it is only things I could think to add would be add a green rev icon on an engineer with rev that a dead person can see to know if some one is coming over to revive them, and maybe letting a engineer with turret upgrade, upgrade the coms turret if higher levels are researched.

Grenadier: Anti-tank and anti-building
    The only issue I have with this class is that in late game besides artillery he looses one of his main points. That is to counter armor. Maybe add to him one of those new passive abilities that upgrade his rpg damage(not mortar) against armor? Another idea was a new perk say "Shape Charge" That does does a little bleed through damage to the hull regardless of the amount of armor?

Rifleman:Anti-Infantry
    These guys are strong all through the game. :headshot:

Starting Vehicles:
    NF LT: Doing Just fine.
    NF APC: Still no open hatch?
    BE AFV: Still no unique model? Even using a smaller Med tank turret or a new barrel would help tell them apart.
    BE APC: Doing just fine.

Med Vehicles
    NF/BE Med: Not much different in the first place.

Heavy Vehicles
    BE Heavy: Doing just fine.
    NF Heavy: Can only mount one tier three weapon at a time.(Ok it CAN do more but how often does research allow that?)I say let it have a 4x missile and its standard 2x missile and allow it to use all the missile slots individually. They are intended to be strong with missiles, allow it. Unless rails have been nerfed since I last played....

MIS Ideas:

Its impossible to tell what kind of armor the other team is using at the moment. Maybe when a vehicle is struck it sends off a spark as bright as when an engineer is building with different colors for different armors?

Comm passive abilities. If your near the com vehicle you get a buff depending on what class he is like the squad leaders just more range. Help those defending teams out.

Vehicle collision damage to building and vehicles smaller than them. Let heavies crunch over walls mammoth tank style.

One thing I always thought was that the armories where used more like bunkers than anything else. Why not just knock some holes in the models walls and do so officially?

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh god, where to start ...

... maybe by pointing out that you can distinquish AFVs and APCs by if they have wheels (APC) or half-tracks (AFV)?

then a lot of this already was disgussed, some of those ideas already made it in the game for a bit but got reverted ...
    ... and all in all this is way too much for a single suggestion. how is one supposed to pick it apart?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think you're a bit mistaken with the most of your observations. Firstly, you're suggesting that scout sab should be even more than powerful, by doubling all the effects, but removing DPS? Really? Just no. DPS needs to go, but there's no need whatsoever for the ridiculous idea of dropping things to 1/4 health, making the vehicles have no armour and UNBINDING THE WEAPON GROUPS? Seriously, just no.

The engineer already has that green icon in the next version. And Gren is more than powerful enough against lategame tanks.

As Flasche said, AFV/APC do have unique models, you must be blind.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I have to admit though, I didn't notice the difference between APCs and AFVs myself until someone was kind enough to tell me.

5. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I understand that some things may have already been suggested, remember I said I was mostly out of the loop for over a year so I would have missed a lot of things.

The unbinding thing was a joke, my main idea was of the building showing up on the radar. As of when I last played building where only spotted for around a minuet and then disappeared from the radar.

Good to hear about the engineer and grenadier.

Any way to tell what armor your enemy is using besides noticing hes not dieing?

6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

You can tell how weak his armor is against yours by equipping the armor-spotting-skill (or whatever it's called) and looking at the enemy while you are shooting him. It gives away the amount of plates and condition. Also you can guess by the amount and type of weapons he's trying to shoot you with and the passed time of the round. The enemies speed and overheating indicates what engine he got, so that gives you another thing to consider what armor he can have gotten in time.

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I like the passive comm ability though, anyone else thinks the same? Its even pretty obvious, when your comm is next to you you fight better.
    This would give comm more work, this is positive, its like, boost your infantry but risk getting shot

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Don't want to promote boomtanking. Hobbes is enough proof of that.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Its not boomtanking its just staying near your inits

10. Reznov

Reznov Member

1. Support boomtanking
    2. Support more admins
    3. Support more badmin decisions if it was boomtanking or not
    4. ???
    5. Profit for Empires community

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

And your units tend to stay close to the enemy.
    So what you get is the "FFS PLACE A REF HERE"
    "sorry, busy avoiding rpgs".

12. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

They sound different. Also the barrels look different. Forget half tracks and wheels, when they approach you, you see the front and hear them first.

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

That sounds like you are talking about a tiger in the jungle.

14. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

I'm gonna be a saucier, man!