Retards

Discussion in 'General' started by BloodRaven, May 29, 2010.

1. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Some of the new players aren’t even worthy to bare the title of “Noob” and I’ve been noticing a larger then normal number of the “Retards.” They are un-teachable and seem to have a general lack of common sense. Every game I’ve joined was ended quickly by idiots hijacking the CV when the commander gets out to build something. Could It be possible to have some kind of lock on the CV where it will be unusable for anyone else other then the commander for a set amount of time before it unlocks again, but also have a failsafe in the event of the commander disconnecting or being killed. It will unlock.

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

It's called a griefer. Check your minimap for when friendly people are close to the cv and sprint to it.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

No they arn't greifers, they are retards.

Too many bad players using their mics and the new players listen to these horrible players and become equally horrid themselves.

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

5. Empty

Empty Member

lol_king_123 just seems like an entire team of retards.

6. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

These people are more retarded than lolking, but they don't troll.
    It's like they're incapable of learning how to play empires on all levels...

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Completely correct.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

This is the difference between noobs and newbies. Newbies listen and want to learn, but are just not that good at the game. Noobs don't listen, don't learn, point the team in the wrong direction, are annoying, confuse other people, end up griefing by accident and think they're badass all the time.

Edit: Oh and they sometimes do something good and use it as justification for another 100 games or retardation. That really gets my goat.

9. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

*giggles* ^^

10. Empty

Empty Member

What shocks me is every time I've been on his team he's gotten commander somehow.

11. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

All of his clan tags makes noobs think he's good at it.

12. beatandgo

beatandgo Member

I'm telling you, we need Empires Police Plugin!
    Issuing citations in a form of skill-point reductions, etc; for harassment, griefing in low degrees, vehicle speeding, creating vehicular cluster-fucks at choke-points etc.
    Then we can treat reluctant noobs and griefers as homeless druggie trash.

13. my_fat_monkey

my_fat_monkey Oh you're my sister!

Ban everyone who speeds.

Speeding is a crime.

Issue warnings to everyone in a high-performance vehicle.

3-Phase is not a joke.

14. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I'm going to pretend that was a joke.

15. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Therefore we have admins. Type "status" in console to get the steam ID and hand it over to a server admin.

And the lock on the CV could be a problem if the commander dies. But else I agree that only the voted commander should have control over the CV until he is voted out.

16. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Who would police the police then? We have enough admin aboose already.... :mad: :o :mad: :o

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I so agree , he usually wins the commander vote(But I think he's the only guy who opted in , lawl )

18. Demented

Demented Member

Police police police police.

It's not that hard for internet police to police internet police. Unlike real police, internet police are all out to get eachother. It's practically a free-for-all, every man for himself.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

unless it dramatically increased in the last month, its not even close as bad as it has been ... actually i think admin abuse is very limited anymore.
    its yelled more often then actual abuse happend. but if its really as bad as you claim, and you stumble across badmins every corner, what stops you from reporting them on the various servers webpages? :)

20. Opie

Opie Member

I would take a team of newbies anyday. In fact, I actually LOVE newbies, because they do listen. You could take a full team of first game newbies and one good leader and easily beat a team of noobs just because a person who wants to learn the game will win the game.

Just the other day, we walked James through his first comm game, which everyone should admit is one of the hardest things to do for the first time. Now he isn't a newbie to empires, but it was his first comm experience and we crushed the other team that had an experienced comm and team, because he was great at listening.

Now just yesterday, a noob, who is in a clan, comm'd on slaughtered as BE. As the team went through the center, he did not drop a barracks and sent them all to the SE. People on the team asked for a rax and got nothing, so they secured SE at about the same time the NF team had LTs and APCs going through s-bend. Meeting only infantry coming out of SE, NF was able to drive tanks and APCs to our main and the BE mid region and secured it. When I tried to inform him that it is always a good idea to get a rax in the mid region he got offended, got defensive and said no one was in the middle region (... the whole team walks through that region at the beginning of the game...). Granted we did have idiots on the team, and we were on the losing end of the stack wars.

All that being said, I think the overall quality of empire public players has increased over time. There are more okay players now and less terrible ones then there was in the past.