Results from PLAYTEST #1 (26/11/2011)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Paradox, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

26/11 playtest report by Paradox

2 clientside crashes, both happend when comm tactical time commenced.
    Crash 1
    Crash 2

Weird thing I have noticed with commander tactical map.

When you open the tactical map and press "J" 3 diamond next to each other connected by a green line appear on the map, you can make unlimited of them by pressing J multiple times and then manipulate them.

What I have noticed is when the map changes or even when the server crashes, when I rejoin or just join the changes with the paintbrush etc have dissapeared on the tactical map but the diamond squares haven't, they are still there in the same position.

They do seem to dissapear when I close the game down and completely reboot.

Cyclo game

After a crash , canyon game

Another little thingy not really important but still, look at the right bottom corner

pic 1

pic 2

Broken squad targets

When you target a static units with squad targets you get the target, but once the target moves the diamond doesnt move with put stays stationary.

pic 1, read discription

pic 2, read distriction

pic 3, read discription

2. Swaan

Swaan Member

@
    this is because of the added delay (read the changelog)
    and yes it breaks the squad target compleatly to the point of misleading allies instead of helping them

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

THAT IS SO FUCKING GAY.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I thought the delay was for comander targets but apparently it's for squad targets.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Either way, it keeps you busy.

Thanks to all who participated in this test. Many of you spent extra time attempting to get reproduction steps for several bugs, which is greatly appreciated. I've saved your conversations here so you can look at it again and inform Wealthysoup or reply to the Playtest #1 Bug Reports thread.

There is also some very frustrating news: apparently the automated build system still had some issues, so many of the minidumps were unusable again. It may be hard to believe when I say this frustrates us even worse than it does you, but it really does. However, I am currently uploading a version which should ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY have the required files.

Of course, this means you guys should let your Steam version update, acquire some fresh crashdumps and PM them to me to prove me completely wrong. (And if not, working crashdumps! Win-Win!)

For the moment, we have few new bugs in the tracker, but there are many more that were simply written down in group chat. Perhaps these are good candidates for trying out again and sending crashdumps of those.

6. Swaan

Swaan Member

@predator
    actualy it affects bouth

another issue i have with targets is that commander target overrides squad target.

that might not be much but sometimes that would be very annoying and wouldn't benefit the team

if possible could you make it for bouth squad and commander target to co-exist?

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Right now only squad targets gets delayed. I tested it yesterday and commander targets were always right on the target.

8. Swaan

Swaan Member

ooh? then i must have confused it. I tought i saw a delay on a com target but then again i am not 100% sure
    we bouth spammed targets. me with squad and him with commander :P

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I was pretty pissed off, but not because of the people in the test. You guys put in a lot of effort to track stuff down and I appreciate it. But I physically couldn't partake in the test due to the number of people spamming me over steam asking me to babysit them through the process to get steampires, being incapable of reading guides, etc. Some were fair enough, they had bugs, like Deadpool. Some, who proceeded to completely forget that they posted in the application thread already, asked me what to do, and then went and posted another application in the guide for how to download the game (in the testing forums, which they already got access to) without even reading the original post of that thread, just drove me to tears.

If it looks like things are cleared up for tonight, and Wealthysoup is around, I'll put him in a position to throw an impromptu test so you can generate some new crashdumps. I'm probably not going to have a huge amount of time tonight so I doubt I can be around.

But thanks to all for persevering. Once we get over this initial stage of server crashes and client crashes, then we can start clearing out the ingame bugs.

10. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I think I've noted down the major bugs from last night now. Was planning to have a playtest tonight but just found out I wont be available so have postponed it until Wednesday (should give you guys some more time to fix a few bugs)

When everyones 'reporting' a bug. PLEASE make sure it happens atleast twice before reporting. (if it only happens once it could easily be coincidence or related to what someone else is doing)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.