restricions.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bossekille, Oct 24, 2006.

1. bossekille

bossekille Member

i heard that patch is soon to come. great news. empires is on the shelf sort of speak until then. anyway, i wondered if mayhaps a vehicle and building restricion whould be in order to even the game and perhaps make it more tactical difficult. lets say at most 2 artillery units, 3 jeeps, 2 heavy tanks. 4 medium tanks etc etc same for infantery lets say at most 2 scouts and 4 engineers and so on. you get the picture.
    i know that its a commander command to stop and halt the production of vehicles sometimes. but what if it was implented in the game.
    makes more room for tactics and less for knowing the maps and to understand the game basics. and maybe to make it even harder to inplent when one vehicle lets say artillery is built and destroyed by the opposition then they cant build new ones. makes it difficult with the research tree but that just leaves time to plan and wait. and perhaps give infantery a bigger chance on the field then cannonfodder for the big guns.
    what you guys think?

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Wha?

Limiting vehicles is not a good idea, IMO. If you have the resources, you should be allowed a tripped out tank for everyone on your team. Of course infantry are fodder for the big guns: if they weren't, why would people build them?

3. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

This has been shot down before

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

I didn't know we built infantry????????
    :P :P :P :P

5. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

I am happy. I am not the one shooting down a suggestion this time.
    Trident is right. This is bad.

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I still think everyone should start off as enginer and only able to change class when an armoury is built >.>

7. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Good one ^Dee^, everyone at the start should be building the base or building refs.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

but who would protect the engineers for the enemy engineers, as they all rush for the middle ref? and what if the enemy builds that ref... who to destroy it? ok, nadespam. shuttup.

no-one chooses gren at the start anyway... and i hate limiting people's choices based upon how i personally think the game's tactics should be. if their game tactics is for everone to be scout, rush the middle and then build a barracks to change class there, so be it! enjoy!

9. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

by that time the armoury would be up, if 2 or more engys where building it.

10. thaile

thaile Member

The problem with this would be people standing around the base yelling at the comm to build an armory

11. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

The comm would then build an armary strait off, unless he's a nOOb.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

seems like an utterly pointless idea. why force the players to do anything? whenever is there any real "building the base"? most of the time, there is barely enough res at the start to build a VF, so people are needed to expand.

13. bossekille

bossekille Member

well was more about restricting artillery and jeeps basicly. maybe just beeing able to build two artillery units,or something.
    whould be fun if they where destroyed then they couldnt build them at all.
    maybe its more of an mod addon then a implent to the game. a hard setting mod or something.