resource flow visualized like on supcomm

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by supaste, Jan 1, 2008.

1. supaste

supaste Member

(sory for terrible writing i'm wearing gloves) I think it would be realy handy to have some sort of visual indication of how many resources you have flowing flowibng in like on supreme commander this would allow better planning of resources. It would probs be located at the top of the screen for all players (not just the comm.

Also i would like to see how many resources i am getting for an individual refinary because not all give the same ammount of res making it difficult to pick priority res nodes. This would probs be displayed just above the green blueprint as the commander is placing it and in the same place when the commnder selects the building and finaly above the building's health bar when an engineer is building one.

Worth the effort of coding?

2. skynet

skynet Member

The only res-node that has a different rate of ressource-generation is the one on the dam afair. And it is marked by a "x2"-sign on the map.
    Or they really are all different and i just havent noticed :D

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

And the central node on emp_isle.

And the city headquarters on my map when I release it.

4. supaste

supaste Member

yeah i think that's the point because i didn't have a fucking clue about ether of them.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

and the central node on dust storm

This would be useful for commaders but not really useful for players. Perhaps something they could see if they bring up the map

6. sickre

sickre Member

This would be useful for everyone on a team, to see how long you'd have to wait to build a tank at least for infantry and building everything else for comm. It also would serve as a quick and easy identification as to how many non-sabotaged refs you have.

7. supaste

supaste Member

never even thought of that

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i don't think it should indicate that you have sabotaged refs. i.e, in those situations, it should lie to you.

9. supaste

supaste Member

I think it would be interesting if it showed that something is fucked up a little. Like if the resflow counter went off line if something like that happened.

10. davee magee

davee magee Member

yeah that sounds good

11. Reef

Reef Member

It could be like in Total Annihilation, f.e.

1532 (+15) would mean that You currently have 1532 res and that You gain 15res/second from refineries). That is so easy to code (and it does the trick).

12. Remmon

Remmon Member

It would be helpfull to those of us who can't multi task enough to keep track of resource flow down the unit/second.

But NEVER say something is easy to code, that's a way to garantuee it'll be a pain in the ass to code properly.

13. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I loved the Supreme Commander resource ticker, I think it would be great to add into Empires.

14. supaste

supaste Member

Yep that sounds the same as supcomm.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

This is something that commanders might find helpful, but I really don't think players need to see it.

16. supaste

supaste Member

In all honesty knowone 'needs' to it it, it's just that if the comm can see it you might as well alow infantry to see it.

17. Reef

Reef Member

This suggestion needs to go to organize stuff topic, before it gets forgotten (now is a good moment).

18. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Speaking of refineries, when are they going to be upgradeable?

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

when?

things have to be discussed before they get implemented. I'm against upgrading refs because it adds no more fun to the game, but it does allow winning teams to get a much greater advantage over the losing team. a massive advantage, which will be hard for teams to make comebacks.

I don't see any reason why there should be anything giving bad or losing teams more of a disadvantage than they already have.

20. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Here's a thought: Give engineer's a 'hijack refinery' skill. Said refinery will send up green(?) smoke, and 50% of it's resources will go the the engineer's team.