Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pope_Homeless_XIII, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

So is anyone picking this up when it releases?

2. Pope_Homeless_XIII

awww

I'll take that as a no... >.>

3. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

I would, I would actually steal myself a console just to get it but sadly no =(

4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

depends on the system(s)

5. communism

communism poof

Throw up the lol internet for me pope :/

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Is this the one where you shoot black people in some poor African country? If so, lol

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

mumble mumble mumble

I finished the game two days ago. It's alot easier compared to part four (I was playing on normal, I suggest veteran if you want a challenge) & also a lot less gruesome in terms of player deaths. Your AI partner can take care of themselves most of the time (you only really have to baby sit them when an enemy with an instant-kill attack shows up & even then it's only when you're confined to tight spaces). Without spoiling too much, the bosses are very well animated & detailed, & most of the enemy animations seem to have recycled from RE4.

The online co-op works fine & I've only had one instance of lag that had "Chainsaw Pete" teleport right up to my face & saw my head off. Though I suggest you finish the game first & then go online because the game auto-saves every time you enter a new area, so if you're half way through a chapter & decide to join another player whose a couple of chapters back & you try to continue your file on single player, It'll actually be where you left off in the other players server along with all the ammo & herbs you've spent/gained.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

I've only played through the first two chapters, but I hate Sheva already. She can't do anything with a pistol, so I finally just decided to sell hers. What I did before that was give her ammo for weapons she didn't have to create extra space.

9. Pope_Homeless_XIII

I personally used Sheva as a medic & armed her with the starting pistol & an MP5 (which I occasionally switched out for the sniper rifle because the AI has aim hacks) & later some body armor, while I carried my own starting pistol & the first shotgun you obtain (upgrading both of our weapons as I went along).

10. Jeph

Jeph Member

I went through the game with a friend and was kinda dissapointed in the story. It doesnt fell like resident evil anymore. There is no horror / suspense action. Now it's basically a tag team shooter using resident evil 4 system. Don't get me wrong, i had fun playing it, but replace Chris , Wesker and other resident evil character and give it a new name and you won't see any resident evil except for the fighting system from RE4 and the recycled monsters. And it was kinda short.