Replace used clips.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sprayer2708, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

As title says, replace clips when reloading instead just filling up the one which is in the weapon. It would counteract the now overpowered weapons.

Additionaly make one bullet from the old clip (the one which already is in the barrel) stay in the weapon if the clip wasn't emptied. Wouldn't make a difference on most weapons, but increase relative max clip size of scoutrifle and pistols more to make them even more usuable. Wouldn't work on Shotpistol though because no clips but the single rounds from the pistol are reloaded.

All in all it would increase teamplay because people who dont want to loose their remaining bullets will probably go on with a half emptied clip. They will want to stick with teammates to have more bullets ready to be fired in total. Also it would make Engineers dropping ammoboxes more essential. It would reduce the appearance of One-Man-Armies.

!Optional: Make used clips be saved to empty them in a resty moment and fill up other clips with the bullets. (might need additional animation though)

Pros:
    -more teamplay
    -less one-man-armies

Cons:
    -people will complain

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

how was that? fuck realism ... also magizine counts where lowered with the new scripts anyway ;)

this is just too much - and rest assured, ill still drop my ammobox where "i" see it needs fitting (and thats usually in nadespam distance to enemy buildings), no matter how much people spam "need ammoz" voice commands ;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

It's the logical next step in decreasing the ammount of bullets people are able to loose. But why does it bother you? You always are Gren or Engi. You dont have any idea what it means for rofls who would mainly be affected.

4. flasche

i just care for you :D

5. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Well. I am playing rofl. And I like that idea.

Now stop posting useless shit. Suggestions is a discussion topic. If you cant find any arguments, stop whining.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  6. flasche

stop being agressive for no reason - i dont have any issues with you and that punching thing was only the most dramatic reason i could have thought of in terms of "communication"

im not whining, i just think that this is moving too much into a realistic direction for a game like empires thats quite arcade ...

7. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Another post without a new argument. You said that realism thing already in your first one.

I'm not aggressive, I'm objective.

Example for a new arguement:
    It buffs grens by nerfing other classes, which at this version is badly needed.

8. flasche

whatsoever ...

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think the point is that crappy guns = not fun, fixing the crappy guns and then finding new, stupider ways to make them suck is somewhat counterintuitive.

10. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

so basically if u reload while u still have 10 rounds in magazine = those 10 rounds are lost?

how about we have the option to merge clips, but would take like 1 second for every round.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

FUN!!!

12. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

not all 10 rounds would be lost. the round in the barrel would stay meaning you have max ammo of n+1 (n is the clipsize) So only 9 bullets would be lost.

13. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

This is amusing watching flasche and sprayer go at it. You two should get on a 1v1 map.

14. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Counts for you too.

15. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I agree with Sprayer,,, as a roflewhore myself I tend to kill someone reload after using 5-10 bullets , kill again or just shoot what ever then reload again only using 1/4th of my clip etc. good idea, the problem is i think u would lose ammo to fast i suppose.

16. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

You would not use up your ammo if u dont reload after shooting 5 times, knowing u are going to shoot only 5 times at the next one too.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I know but still, I find it to realistic.

18. flasche

sry for troll, but i cannot resist.

ITS NOT ABOUT REALISM!!!!1!!!11!11

:P

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This isn't Battlefield. Actually, scrap that, even Battlefield doesn't have mag drop (the actual name for what you're suggesting).

It's not actually as unfun as people make it out to be, but it doesn't particularly make you gain anything. In this version however, I made it so you spawn with 3 magazines (one of which is loaded) and then the option to take an extra one from an ammo box. BEAR, HMG, scout rifle and shotgun pistol are the exceptions.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

In a way I get what you're saying, but tbh...riflemen don't have that many clips now, and I often don't see them so far away from the team doing something useless anymore. Which is good.

You only cripple things that need crippling, and tbh, it doesn't really need it so much.