Replace Comm wallhax with Scout wallhax

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Jun 4, 2009.

?

Should Scouts be given abilities that replace Comm wallhax?

1. Yes, Scouts should be given more observational powers.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. No, remove the Commander attack ability only.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. The Commander attack ability should not be removed.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

ACCIDENTALLY POSTED; STILL EDITING. SORRY. :(
    I have to finish and clarify this post later, I don't have time now. I did not intend to post it before it was finished.

First off, Comm wallhax suck and should be eliminated. :eek:

I suggest that Scouts be given advanced observation capabilities that allows a good Scout to effectively replace the Commander "wallhax" with game-play based, team oriented abilities.

Currently, the Commander attack order is a skill-less, menial task that gives a team a large advantage. I think this should be replaced by a more risky but still useful intelligence gathering ability. The Scout class only has a pair of binoculars now that have little power. If Scouts could gain the ability to "tag" targets with the well known red diamonds, then Scouts would actually "scout" and help their teams.

I don't know exactly how this will be implemented, whether by , or by , or some other method I have not thought of yet.

Also, some other small parts to this suggestion: Because this is not an attack order, I think that those annoying lines leading towards enemies should not be present. You don't really need those lines to know where enemies are. Also, I think that building "tagged" by the Scout should remain on the map longer than infantry and tanks so that

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

While I like the idea that the scout can give targets by looking at enemys with the binocs but I don`t think the commanders ability to give targets should be deleted, This suggestion is missing that vote option ...

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Also, the scout gets a point of the targeted enemy is killed within 30 sex.

4. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Meow?! Short sex ... 60 times per minute xD

The points that the scout can earn by that should be removed ofc, or he couldn`t targetspam without gaining tons of points ...:rolleyes:

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

Extend scouts "Sense" skill to actually automaticly spot people in a certain radius. The binocs are useless, USELESS for spotting. You can just as easy do the F up up thing.
    Scouts = walking engie cameras, same as riflemen are walking engie turrets.
    Can this be tested?

Sort of want the "spot-target-it-gets-killed-you-get-point" thing. Or get a Squad point.

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I have already posted many ideas to this topic but I don't get bothered to repeat them:

Make the binocular give targets by just looking on enemies
    Like the binocular in Far Cry all enemys in the field of view of the binocular will become automatically targets.

Alternative
    - Only squad members can see the targets

Let enhanced senses mark targets
    Every enemy near the scout (range should be enhanced) will be marked as target. So scout will act a walking camera. But the targets should be the small red diamonds.

Alternative
    - Only squad members can see the targets

Nerf commander targets
    - Make them static
    - Remove the ability to mark many targets with "a"
    - Remove them after 15 seconds
    - Add cost to commander targets (20 per target)
    - Use orange blinking diamonds for commander targets

Buff camera and radar
    If commander targets are nerfed then camera and radar (the little ones) should have a larger range and also should give the small red diamonds as target. Also commander should be able to place camera or radar.

7. Alceister

Alceister Member

Broken record. This idea has been repeated so many times over. Maybe they're doing something with it. Maybe they aren't. But it'd be nice if we remove current targeting functions from Commander and place them in the Scout class, who actually would require a visual LOS to see targets.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

sip, i sometimes get the feeling you are not thinking at all when posting in suggestions...

-----

my opinion

com targets stay as they are
    scout sl ability gives permament targets on medium area
    scouts acting like a moving camera, very small range

9. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I'm strongly against the wallhax as they are, and the scout would be better to have some sort of scouting role.

As a different idea to keep the comm targets (and keep those that like wall hax happy), it's previously been suggested that comm targets might only work while the enemy is within sight of the team/cameras/radar - what about allowing comm targets only if either there's clear line of sight to a player and under x units distance, or if a scout has the binocs up and a much larger distance is allowed for units within his sight? Maybe have the binoculars more zoomed to make watching units more of an active event

Then you could have the current targets from the comm, but have them only work while a scout is being useful scouting / when an enemy is close and in the open.

And maybe limit the size of the box you an drag with the com attack command, so you can't select "all enemies including the ones sneaking up a flank that you didn't know where there" in one go easily

10. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

Can the target boxes be replaced by something less visually obstructive. I propose a circle of dots with a similar pattern as that left by the TB injection :)

11. Sirex

Sirex Member

No. Remove Commanders wallhack and keep "attack this location", this encourage real squad order style command instead of just being a wallahx provider.

Give Engineer radar over to scout, the engineer got to much crap anyway and don't really need a radar.

This is the ultimate decision.