Repair upgrade staying on after becomming com

Discussion in 'Archive' started by unconnected, Sep 18, 2007.

1. unconnected

unconnected Member

Noticed this on Canyon yesterday.. Before the voting for the com was finished I picked my class, joined a squad, picked up the engy repair upgrade spawned and then the com hopped out of the vehicle so I could go com and was able to switch to and from com(obviously leaving my squad) and retain the repair upgrade skill throughout the entire game(even after I died a few times). Felt guilty about doing it, but not guilty enough to reconnect as god it is painful to be a com driving halfway across the map to build a ref without that skill..

Just thought you should know :)

PS - should have won that match too, bloody pubbers all on our team couldn't fire a tank cannon worth a damn.. Tell me how do 4 NF LT's loose against 2 BE LT's??? And that was when I could even convince the blokes to spend some of the 5 grand that we had in the bank to even get in a bloody tank... GAH! :) hehe

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

Leaving the squad after getting the free upgrade lets you retain that upgrade untill you die. It's been that way since forever. Call it a "bug" or "undocumented feature", but it's probably very low on Krenzo's priority list.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

But he even died a few times and still retained it.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

then he had more then 10 points

5. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

BE has LTs? Where!?

Couldn't resist ^^ .

This is actually a bug that's been in the game for I don't know how long. Didn't Krenzo try to fix this already before?

6. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I always thought you kept that free skill until you died, if it isn't, it should be it, comes in handy when when your team is half-way across the map spamming "ref" & complaining about armor & weapons & whatnot. :p

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Is there a chance that you earned 10 points before you died, so that you didn't need the squad for the skill any more?

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I find it pretty useful (especially when there's not many people on), but then after I get 10 points I usually choose the repair upgrade anyway, so i'm not 'exploiting' for long.

I recently noticed I could get an extra plate of armour all the way round with my default loadout of standard cannon & ML while in an AFV compared to an LT, mebbe this is why it can happen...

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no, i can confirm that this bug works: as a commander, join a squad, get rep upgrade, drive to your chosen area and place a rax. and i can definately confirm that you will be able to put up that rax without running out of calculatior clip.

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

I think you forgot the "die" part.

11. unconnected

unconnected Member

ya, I definitely didn't earn the 10 points before I died.. I mean I built a rax a ref and a turret but that was it..
    So who knows...