Repair pad kind of sucks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Align, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Align

Align Member

Not so much because of its lack of utility, but rather because of its shape. Because you have to drive into this small little garage, it takes an awful lot of time unless you get lucky the first time to just get onto the pad so you can start the repairs (and if implemented, refitting).
    So it'd be nice if it could be changed:
    [​IMG]
    Left is top-down view, right is front-back(?) view. Top is current design(vaguely), bottom being the proposed change. This would make it far easier to get onto it, but yet it'd be an easy target like it is now.
    Of course this is all before the neato details.

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it could maintain the roof too in the new version

3. picard131

picard131 Member

I dunno, BE rep pad doesn't have a roof, so it might be a kind of advantage? I do like the old, crappy garage feeling to it though :P

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

How about just a big tower crane which would repair all vehicles in it's radius (even getting all fancy and repairing at a rate relevant to proximity)?

I can't even remember the last time I've had all my armour repaired there. Usually one side doesn't get touched and it overall is ridiculous.

That being said, i do like the building models a lot.

Also I want a crane with a giant magnet which could pick up enemy tanks and throw them around.

5. picard131

picard131 Member

Hello, C&C 3.

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

[​IMG]

Ho Ho.... no

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

This would be great, would make the repairstation useful, and actually be worth paying for it and seeing it die in 10 shots.

I suggest a repairstation/crane, can only heal 1 tank at a time, like it is now.
    If they are also made small, you could even make 2 or 3 just to be able to heal more tanks at the same time.

If Krenzo liked this idea, I could try and model it after I'm done with my current models, the current repairstations are pointless :/

It would let you make certain areas are rendezvous/fall back zone for your tanks, build a few in your forward base. As everyone knows, the current repair station is bulky and dies too quickly, theres just no place for it as it needs huge amounts of space and tanks to be able to manouvre ontop of it, a lot of waste time for any tank to take that effort. If its a small building that repairs around a radius, the tank just has to get near it, preferably built next to the vf or barracks.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

what if someone surrounds a CV with them though? that would make it very hard to destroy the CV. add turrets around the repair station wall...

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

So we shouldn't do this because people might use them?

If you're close enough to hit the cv, you're close enough to destroy the cranes

and ive never played C&C3

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i know you can destroy the cranes, the the massive repair that could be done by clustering them together is unfair. it could potentially allow defenders to go from near dead to full health in about 20 sec. this would then encourage artillery spam to remove the repair stations

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

You can take out repair stations pretty easily, even from a distance. The repair stations don't repair eachother, right? And if everyone's in their tanks, who will repair them?

12. Chahk

Chahk Member

Sabotage?

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Besides Killx, if another team has spent the resources to build a ton of repair cranes, let them and take half the map, destroy their barracks and VF and win that way.

It's not like this is really an issue here. How about we think of more outragious situations where building or doing something gives teams an advantage? That's what building and doing stuff is about, to gain an advantage!

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

cv's can't be repaired by repairstations. same should apply to cranes.
    And having more cranes shouldn't repair faster, instead every crane allows you to repair an individual tank, so if you had 3 cranes and 2 tanks, one crane would be idle, if you had 2 cranes and 3 tanks, 1 tank would have to wait its turn.

15. picard131

picard131 Member

The C&C comment refers to the crane thing you can build that speeds up production or something. Dunno if it was nerfed for the final version.

16. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Yea the repair pad it a bit useless becasue of how long it takes. I think its as fast as a single engi with repair upgrade. For that I can go engi and repair wherever I'm at. Now if it went say twice as fast as an engi it would be more usefull. That or make it more cheaper as most people and coms feel its a waste of cash.

Something thats always buged me is why cant you go into the NF repair pad building? I dont think the lader would work with how buildings work now (damn it would be cool if it did)but its textured. Just you cant go in... Would be a usefull sniper spot to hide lol.

17. davee magee

davee magee Member

hmmmn, im thinking repairing abit SLOWER than it is now, but effecting all sides at once, rather than doing each side individualy.

Then add the ability to heal more than 1 vehicle at once, discouraging ramming off the repair pad, and makes it more useful,

pro's:
    -healing is more practical,
    -no more fighting for space
    -the repair pad is now atually useful.
    -not uber powerful, as it tries to heal all sides at a slower rate, it doesnt

con's:
    - bigger target?
    -err dunno...could be too powerful if its not done right?

like the cranes idea, but seems abit unpractical, and would be a job to code surely...

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i agree, increased repair speed would be great.

What i would ideally like is that you put your vehicle on the pad, you have to get out (will not repair with person inside), press a button, and then 5 - 10 seconds later it is completely done, much faster than currently.

longer depending on vehicle.

19. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member