remove tickets "neededness for spawning" and add this system in

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, Mar 23, 2011.

?

what part do you like, and would like to see implemented even if modified

1. main idea

39.4%
  2. optional1

24.2%
  3. optional2

6.1%
  4. optional3

9.1%
  5. optional4

12.1%
  6. nothing of the above

57.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

suggestion

you start with a base 10 seconds re spawn time

for each ticket you (personally) used up in the last "10 minutes of being alive" 5 seconds is added to your "re spawn rate" (the time it takes for you to be able to spawn again after death) on the moment you died

any tickets used up longer then "10 minutes of being alive" ago no longer matter, shortening your re spawn time with 5 again

when your teams tickets run out something bad happens, like base re spawn increases

OPTIONAL additions:

1)when global tickets reach the 25% depleted mile point, 5s is added to the base re spawn time (so a total of 15), when 50% mile point is reached, another 5s to base re spawn (so a total of 20), when 75% mile point is reached, another 5s (so a total of 25), when 100% used up, another 10s is added to the base time (so a total of 30)

this or some other increase of spawn time when tickets run out OTHER then people needing to wait till the game ends before they can play again is needed to prevent making people annoyed to piss, plus if nothing changes at the end, people cant use tickets any longer thus having 0 tickets would actually be better then still having tickets

2)when you want to spawn instantly no matter what, you press a button in the deploy panel that uses up 10 points from your total rank points (the ones you buy skills with)
    this does not use a ticket, and henceforth does not count towards the normal spawn time increase for each ticket used

3)squad leader can spend squad points on permanently (for each spawn here on) bringing down the spawn penalties, 10 points for 5 seconds deducted from the spawn penalty gained trough ticket use for each player in the squad (so no matter what, people will always have the base spawn rate)
    if more is deducted by this then the player actually has penalties for then it just deducts all penalties and no more (base time is never touched)

4)a max of 5 "ticket used blabla" penalties is applied (for a max of 25s+25 base re spawn time) any tickets used before the last 5 in effect are also pruned

my reasoning behind the values used above

i used a macro to monitor 10 random people in a few games of empires, and the average throughout the game re spawn time was once every 5 minutes, meaning a re spawn time of 10 seconds MAX would be maintained if this would be a constant, but mostly a re spawn time of 5s was to be expected on average troughout the game if this system was in effect, late game specifically however it turned into 3 re spawns every 5 minutes, meaning 30 second re spawn time MAX, but with a 25 second average

ofc these values are not nearly scientific, but so are my values i used to fill in the idea, i think they should be changed according to how it all turns out

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its a tad more complex then what i suggested. so obvously im for this - and i think this 10minutes counter is a really nice addition. it promotes not to die in a fabulous way. it might need some timing-adaption later on, but time will show and once its in place its just a value to change anyway ...

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

^ agree

Not sure about the optional extra's, but the rest, it's a good expansion on the base idea.

4. flasche

if - and only if - games really drag on for longer, and since similar to blizzerd i watched it for quite a while now and i doubt it, addition 1 chould help fixing it ...

edit:
    blizzerd, better add "this suggestion only is for classic-gameplay (commmode) maps - on all other maps it will stay like it is atm" (though the system could work there too, im just less concerned)

edit2:
    oh i just noticed i mistakenly said additon 2 -> fixed ...

5. Krazer

Krazer Member

I like the main idea and option 1.

I don't believe it's perfect, and could probably be further simplified. But I like it a lot better than the current system. ^^

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you are invited to take it apart and build up again as much as you want here, if you can simplify it so the better

we need to keep this dynamic and simple at the same time though... it has to work in ALL situations

7. flasche

the more i think about it, the more im confident that it would work on flag maps aswell. since you cannot wait for rev all the time respawn times would rise aswell and at a point the team that revived more should be able to capture all flags. if it gets too drawn out, addition 1 should fix it too. maybe even have addition 1.1 that says the global increase starts after x-minutes into the game, which should give even more control over round times ...

if its still impossible we can just blame map design ...

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i think small edits and re-balances could make it work perfectly fine on both flag and comm maps, dynamically rebalancing according to maps and map properties

9. Krazer

Krazer Member

I only meant it was kinda complicated with all the optionals. Which is why I like the main idea and option 1 the best. W/O all the other options added.

I assume being revived would not add time to your spawn. But is that correct?

10. flasche

would be pretty retarded if rev would increase spawn times aswell. it would then take away any incentive to take it in classic mode and not just spawn in the next apc.
    it would also encourage ppl to wait for revs then, since each respawn would hurt them personally and not the engi that just ran across the whole battlefield to get to you in those 10s you have to wait for respawn like its now ...

11. FN198

FN198 Member

none of the above

12. Krazer

Krazer Member

I hate you

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yes, i agree wholeheartedly

anything that does not cost a ticket, should not be penalised

how would i reformulate the following to make it more clear?

14. War Man

War Man Member

As long as the more you kill the less time it takes for you to respawn I'm for this. Otherwise no.

15. flasche

so if i drive a nuke heavy ill spawn instantly all the time, sure :facepalm:

please stay away from suggestions ...

16. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

You're breaking my district_402's heart... while fixing it's gameplay.

17. Nuc

Nuc Banned

You guys obviously have no idea how hard it can be to survive 10 minutes without the appropriate conditions. It will encourage camping! You hated stats because of that ,didn't you?

18. flasche

and you are?

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

no-one is asking anyone to survive 10 minutes, but if they dont they will get penalised a bit

i never said i hated stats, i think some form of stats could work very well in empiresmod

also; anyone is welcome to try and improve on this

to quote mootant

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  20. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

So I'm going to have to wait about 40 seconds to spawn every time?

Fuck that.