Remove player chat mute

Discussion in 'Implemented' started by Candles, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It's annoying that if I decide to locally mute a player's voice, then I can't read what they type either. Maybe they're micspamming something that I don't really care for but might have something important to say. As it is now, if I decide to mute a player, then I can't tell if they're trying to get my attention and they can't tell if I've muted them because a large number of players don't realize that muting a player also stops them from reading the muted player's chat. They can't ask "Hey Candles, did you mute me?" because they don't know this, so either I have to unmute at the right time or another player has to get my attention, which is very unlikely.

It's really damn annoying because I don't want to have to choose between listening to headache inducing music clips or risking not knowing if something important is happening.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I agree with this suggestion.
    There needs to be:
    * Two mutes. A mic mute and a mute all from user.
    * A way to tell if you have been muted by a player.
    This would need 3 icons instead of the one we currently have. Perhaps maybe two if the one we currently have can cycle between 3 states(on/voice mute/full mute).

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There's no need to know if a player has muted you (unless it's the commander I guess), but Candles is right, the chat mute should never have been there. Whilst I'm reluctant to ask the coders for more GUI stuff, it would be easy enough to just get chat mute removed I hope, so I'll try to remember to put it on the list.

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

There is text mute in Empires? Since when? I never noticed that.

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Yeah. If you mute a player by clicking on their name then you also can't read what they type. Most people think they're being ignored and don't realize that the person that muted them actually can't read what they type either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.