Remove Jeeps for the time being

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by unconnected, Aug 31, 2007.

1. unconnected

unconnected Member

Honestly the only reason they are used is as a way to screw up a tank battle. No one gets in a jeep for transportation purposes at all anymore as you can just buy an LT for a few hundred extra.
    Until the weight issue is fixed and jeeps cannot be used to cart heavies around they should just be taken out all together.. It is ridiculous having your 900 dollar tank destroyed because a 90 dollar jeep is driving you aroudn in circles while the enemy tank rapes you.

2. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

yeah your right...
    except that its not dollars :P

3. REX

REX Member

oh its a TANK HAT!!
    [​IMG]

and I think this thread will recive alot of NO dont remove the jeep replies. Instead a suggestion to just fix the crazy paper weight of tanks would probably have a much better chance to succed with a some kind of proper discussion about this.

4. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Jeeps need to be reworked... Atleast for the time being atleast an ammo cart/healthcart slapped on the back of it for some usefullness; like a cheap APC...

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Jeeps need to explode when in high velocity contact with any vehicle, including other jeeps.

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

It's not about velocity. Either jeep or tank mass should be changed (or everything related to mass). Jeep has 50 times smaller mass than a tank in real world.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i say, make jeeps a tad cheaper too.

8. Kuma

Kuma Member

While I agree that it is a little messed up that a jeep can wear a tank (and yes, I know I am the jeep driver that does that so everyone just shut up about me being a hypocrite here....) But I have to disagree with you here unconnected, not because I like being an ass (but it is fun i have to say) but because when you just start out, I usually get a jeep for 65 (BR) or 75 (NF) res. This allows me to get from base to base quickly and scout out what the enemy is doing, for under 100 res. For what it is meant to be used for, very cheap transportation, it does it quite well.

I agree if some changes where made. For example, make the jeep 20-30 res, have no armor slots, and a little faster (and maybe tweak the mass, but who is asking for that?) This would allow the jeep to do what it was meant to do, in the best way possible. I say unarmored because the jeep is not meant to be in the middle of a tank war, it was meant to move people from point a to point b fast.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  9. unconnected

unconnected Member

Well either way we all know the things need to be reworked, but what I'm saying is until then take em out all together or give people shit for exploiting. Love the ammo cart idea, just like in HL2. Works well and would add another element of strategy to the game

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

Megel had modeled the NF jeep with space for ammoz crates and a turret on the back, but I doubt it will be implemented soon. :(

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

that would be cool if you could get a few jeeps to start out with(for res and early gun fights) but not allow people build them in the VF

12. REX

REX Member

I think you should build radar to be able to place a VF

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Just slap on the current crates in the back, require no modeling :p

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

if jeeps were cheaper then commanders wouldn't be so upset to see them used.

15. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

...Sadly, I have to agree. Even if that means jeep races go bye bye.

Maybe make a server variable to allow or disallow Jeeps, disable by default.

16. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

well he didn´t say that he want´s them to disappear forever but for the time they are unfixed...

17. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Nonsense. Sandbag and I put our jeeps to good use earlier. Almost won the game because of them :P

18. picard131

picard131 Member

That, and they chew up the vehicle limit.

19. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

The vehicle limit is kinda outdated and has only been put in for lag reducing purposes in the 1.01 days. Just a variable for admins to save their servers from asplodin' from the hawt jeep secks orgies. I think we can set the vehicle limit a little higher now that most features have been streamlined to create less cpu time and lag.

Anyway, tank weights need to be fixed to keep jeeps from being asshat mobiles.

20. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I invented the meme god damnit! Also I think something should be done with the jeeps but I don't think it's so bad it warrants a removal.