Really Messed Up Video Game

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

So the other day, browsing /x/, there's a thread on this game called LSD: Dream Emulator. Apparently it has a small cult following and it sort of turned into one of those types of games you see people making "Let's Play" videos for. So I get a PS1 emulator, play it a little, turns out, the title basically explains the whole game. You are trying to link your dreams, and everything looks as if you are tripping on acid. The creator of the game wrote a dream diary for about a decade before making the game and based the game on his dream diary, so while playing you'll notice how crazy night time was probably for this guy. Another instance of What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made On Drugs.

The premise of the game is to get a certain type of dream to happen or something. Bumping into anything other than the ground makes you move to another area in the game world, and if you bump into things like people or objects the dreams get more bizarre. If you ever go back to a certain place it will always have something different in it. Textures will have changed dramatically or a new person will be there or something. After 10 minutes or so you "wake up" aka go back to the main menu and if you fall off of something you also wake up.

This video showcases it quite well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxIyMhOu_ZE&feature=related.

Worth to note the really really low poly models, even for PS1 standards, the sound made when walking on different materials - big hard hitting sounds or squeeky torturing cat sounds - and the way they simulated light reflecting off water by making the entire texture flash some 15 times a second. Either they wanted it to look bizarre or it just really sucks. Still though, the game is 430 Mb so there definitely is some nonsucks in there. So check it out, it is 90x more bizzare than what Destroyer dreams (dam polaks).

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I sincerely hope that you do realise that if I actually wrote my dreams down for a few years I would get LSD: dream emulator 2.0? Because you certainly appear not to show such knowledge through the post. I mean I don't even share my dreams with anyone since Zeke went to life.

Pretty fun game though.

3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I guess the programmers live on a mental hospital after making that game.

4. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Stopped reading after the 6th word.

tl; dr.

5. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

[​IMG]

omg so surreal

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Any game ever made by cactus

7. w00kie