re-thinking cameras and mini-radars

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, Jan 30, 2010.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i am talking about the engineer camera and radar

mini-radars give you the current effect of cameras + current effect of mini-radars but over a large area

cameras give anyone inside its perimeter comm targets for anything enemy walking in its perimeter (but its smaller then a mini-radar, so more effective in its small range)

possibly give commander the ability to drop these items for a few resources

give both of them to the scout, and take away from the engineer

2. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

What you say. Give Scout actual abilities to scout and recon.

Brilliant.:cool:

3. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

The scout is in limbo right now, he needs a revamp imo. Taking something from the engi is one option, but adding more content instead is more appealing to me.

As for cameras and radar... I've been pondering cameras giving targets (aka comm targets aka wall hax) on infantry, and radar doing the same for vehicles. I'm then thinking the engi can have his, and the commander can drop them as well (need to determine a good cost). Current radar is actually more like either a research lab or a data uplink center, either way it doesn't need to unlock research and act as a radar, so probably need to break that out into two separate structures.

As for scout, I'm thinking he should be more like a green beret. Sneak around sure, but also some specialty weapons. Probably keep the sniper rifle (I know, everyone quit reading right there) but adjust it, and give him things like a shotty and maybe the gun from rambo. While hiden, scouts would not be targetable by above mentioned cameras.

4. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Gun from Rambo...? Theres vague and then theres vague

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

A good revamp for the scout would be to grant him a semi commander mode as part of his binoculars, he wouldn't get the full commander feature set, all he would be able to do is have a look over the battlefield and allow him to give his squad and teammates multi attack targets, or other benefitial information like long range health indicators or long range armor detection, where their personal equivalants would be just that, personal and nothing more.

He might also have some long range powers with his semi commander mode, like maybe something similar to tagging in Mechwarrior living legends, for instance letting him manually target mg's and ml's, theres lots of oppurtunities here and I think a semi commander mode gives him that recon role that he's supposed to fulfill with the binoculars.

I've also previously suggested to limit multi attack to the scout and radar radius, their radius would serve as a fog of war for where multi and single attack would show up.

With the latter, suddenly the difference between having a scout in your squad or not becomes huge. It won't make the scout a better role to play as, but I think if you give him some cooler weapons, like a semi auto assault rifle (not burst, please for gods sake) and make some better use of his binoculars that his role will also be greatly improved and alltogether will make the scout a great class to play as and gives him some very unique powers that aren't overpowered but still very benefitial for the team and his role as recon.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yes
    [​IMG]

7. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsYy4e0_MY&feature=related

Baptiste Jr.: Can you bring me the gun of Rambo?
    Yuri: Part One, Two, or Three?
    Baptiste Jr.: I've only seen Part One.
    Yuri: The M-60. Would you like the armor piercing bullets?
    Baptiste Jr.: Please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No, I'm not seriously suggesting the scout needs the HMG, but a big sprayer might be fun ;)

8. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

I am for giving a camera and a radar to both the engineer and the scout.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I've always agreed it'd be nice if we could turn the scout rifle into something more like a light carbine (Cod1 let's say)...I don't agree with removing it really, just stop that thing exploiting and sniping tbh.

10. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I'm for nerfing the shit out of the engineer.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Give squad arty to scout, it makes more sense in a way.

12. communism

communism poof

what? [​IMG]

13. Empty

Empty Member

I'm for having random pubbers play engineer because you fucking need their asses.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

YOU MUST TRY MY GUNSCRIPTS

after what you said, its mandatory you do

i gave scout the hmg and basically turned him into a sneaky bastard that can hit hard but generally is not that long lasting in battle as the rifleman