RC 33 - Version 2.0 Dress Rehearsal

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

You might want to reconsider this. It's very annoying to have that invisible wall there, and since it's part of the vf you can point at the air and repair the vf.

Repairing the vf by pointing to the invisible wall:
    http://users.telenet.be/samhannes/emp/2.0/emp_crossroads0000.jpg

Up untill this point you have to jump to get on the invisible wall: http://users.telenet.be/samhannes/emp/2.0/emp_crossroads0001.jpg
    I've seen ikalx drive his tank at high speed between the vf and repair pad, only to hit the invisble wall and turn around because of his momentum, before standing still completely.

Personaly i think this is more annoying than having someone build a turret there to block it. Probably because i've never seen anyone block the vf before, but this will always be annoying.
    This is just how i think about it.

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

how about having it so that the commander can recycle player built walls and turrets instead?-commander is given position via vote therefore they should know what to recycle and what not to recycle, also adds a new depth to the game e.g. engineer requests some walls or turrets remotely recycled and commander does it

but maybe have a timer that has to countdown (60 or 90 seconds) before the engineer can build new walls or turrets?

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yarr...I was that fool :p I dunno if one of the JPL guys reported it, but UML is still showing 6 in the clip and 4 clips of ammo. And...oh crap i'm sure i've forgotten something.

Anyway "Modified: commander's multiple attack order no longer includes walls" This is definately fixed - you can get the red box around it while drawing the mark-zone but when you let go to mark you still hear "Attack this target" but nothing (No walls) become marked. ^^

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The commander can recycle engineer built items, but there's the 30 second countdown. Haschetwas showed that you can grief by building turrets and recycling them which creates a line of dead turrets.

There is no invisible wall there. It does a distance check between where you're building and the end of the ramp to determine if you're too close.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This reminds me; all griefers on the official server should be banned, hardcoded. This is how Zombie Master does it and it's pretty effective: Whenever a dev member sees someone griefing several times (even after asking to stop), he gets put on the list and hardcoded into the next version / patch.

6. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Only the really bad ones like that psyl0cibe guy (whatever the fuck his name is) should get banned like that.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

where do i install this patch? just into the empires folder?

8. Beerdude26

bin folder in empires folder

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Was he the 'I run niggers over' guy?

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I guess he will be excited for the new running over feature... Now we just need some black models and we can win over the KKK gamer niche.

11. Beerdude26

Having a hard time repressing a laugh :p I'm just happy that you mean that in jest

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Ha, just logged on on my school comp, Nigger is blocked out by the server :P

13. Silk

Silk Mapper

Then it probably isn't related to the new changes, but there really is an invisible wall there (not sure about the NF vf though).

14. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

If you look at the building with HL model viewer, there is nothing there.

15. rat

rat Member

Good stuff! can't wait for the release.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

16. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

Erm Krenzo I think you accidentally included the Source in your most recent RC

I doubt you did this on purpose and I'm not even sure if it is the source code. Just mentioning it to make sure you don't include it in the full version accidentally :eek:

17. Angry

Angry Junior Member

*cough* General 1337 *cough*

18. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Oh damn... I thought it always was somewhere else than Empires mod that I know him from... that was so long ago!

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

LOL! Of course I would never include the source, even accidentally. It would balloon the size of the install even more. You're thinking the linux server is the source code.

20. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

hehe well thats a relief :p