RC 32 Patch - Nope, Still Not The One

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

You must not have played 1.07 for 6 months +. They get railguns every match, and then wonder why my absorbant armor tank doesn't die to their rails.

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

The BE SMG2 already had the massive shit end of accuracy over all three other SMGs.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

This is an error on my end; I compared the accuracy on my own server. The actual accuracy difference probably makes it a bit better, even (or simply exactly the same).

By the way, the rifles have been slowed down but have been increased in recoil adequately (otherwise you'd have slower but pinpoint-accurate deathrays, instead now we have slower and slightly-less-than-pinpoint-accurate deathrays :p)

4. Drag

Drag Member

The SMG 2 seems fine as it is now (RC32) Close range killing spree's are still possible but ranged combat is difficult. Good job on that (if anything much has been changed)

I find the 5 missile slots a bit questionable as it's impossible to overheat the tank with a decent engine but it is too early to say anything. 5 missile launchers will be pretty common now though. I tested most of the missile launchers in dual mode (just tank wars, yet again too early to say anything specific) and found it hard to hit with 2 guided upgraded ML, they are funny to use though.

Two salvo homing missiles overheat EVERY tank in 1 (x2) clip. And the weapon didn't really pack a punch, again funny to use but not really worth it.

Two Upgraded homing missile launchers were interesting to use, had to switch to a "run away" tactic that works okay on an open map like duststorm. They have a heat problem though.

Two upgraded ML are a killer, they surpass 5 standard mls, which is good. They also enable a lone heavy tank to kill 5-6 base buildings with the ammo he has. Quite effective I'd say. 15-16 seconds of fire against undefended buildings for a kill.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

2x salvo homing does 8x40 damage at once, thats almost twice the amount a nuke does.

6. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

*puts 2 salvo launchers on

7. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

What about nuke + salvo missile launcher?

Except not counting the fact your tank'll be standing still 'till peacetime.

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

weight over load me thinks, may be wrong

9. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

"fixeD: commander couldn't build vehicles from the Factory panel"

you could but you had to click on the vf first, at least that worked for me. thought it was a feature.

10. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You definitely couldn't build from it whether or not you clicked on it. You're supposed to have to click on it or select a vehicle factory, and it was broken when I put in the repair pad stuff.

11. Drag

Drag Member

I think it is possible, you are down to 3/3/3/3 plates though. 357.33 dmg per clip base damage (without armor calcs) But the damage over time (firing all clips) is horrible due to long reload times. If you meant "homing missile launcher" the stuff is comparable but different ;)

When I used the 2x homing salvo ml it was a sight to behold, so many missiles chasing enemy tanks. I don't know what kind of armor they had but it didn't penetrate the backside of those BE heavies. Atleast it made dubee cry in pain due to the horrible lock on sounds. It's really more a weapon of psychological warfare because they didn't dare to come near me and ran away all the time so I got time to let the heat go away, reload and let my regen armor heal me.

12. Melee

Melee Member

yea i tried various combinations of weapons/armour and even different tanks as in meds arty hvy as BE but your NF hvy with mls jus owned .
    I couldnt get close to your tanks and had to use the trees as cover shooting from long distance, certainly makes for more tactics but no more rushing up to nf heavies as they can fight back, 2-3 salvos of missiles rips the armour straight off one side and your dead. The only chance i had was to keep breaking your missile lock at long range.

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

if your lock fails, SWITCH TO GUIDED!

14. Tyberian

Tyberian Member

I have two computers. One with SLI and one without SLI.
    Afterr installing RC32 the computer with SLI does not display the white
    lettering in the commanders menu. The functions are there, however.
    The non SLI shows the lettering and has the functions.

Is this an anomaly with SLI or RC32? I had the lettering with both
    computers in RC31. I have installed all hot fixes with the Rcs.....:confused:

15. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

What resolution are you running? Is it the same on both?

16. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Me too, although I am not running SLi. Maybe it's a problem with either nVidia's cards/software, or with SLi motherboards?

17. Tyberian

Tyberian Member

Krenzo... The answer is no. The SLI computer is at the highest res and
    the backup computer is at 1024x768.......However things became moot
    when I stopped to read and added the hotfix. Now everything is normal.
    Not sure what the hotfix did for the SLI, but it works fine.......Put this one
    to bed.

18. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It must have been a problem with the fonts. I changed some of the text settings for the squad hud, and I reverted those changes to the commander GUI in the hotfix because they made the text go away at higher resolutions. The same problem plagued the squad HUD.

19. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I thought research times were ok because now, for example, 3 phase apcs are more common and more annoying sooner.

Also in my opinion DUMGs could have used slight damage boost. At the rest, I don't know yet but at the moment looks good.

Edit: Well, looks like 5mls are way too overpowered now.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  20. picard131

picard131 Member

When I try to run the installer for RC 32 or the hotfix, I get an NSIS Error saying that the installer is corrupted or incomplete. Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: Never mind, I just bypassed the corruption check and it ran after all.

EDITEDIT: Nope, the new versions of the maps don't pass CRC checks when connecting to a server.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007