RC 21 Patch - Going Commando to Save Weight On The LT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Caelo

Caelo Member

OMG! You must get tired of all of these people not reporting :P

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I think that HE has too few shells in clip now (20, 30 earlier). You can see it in game. After killing one tank (and you could have a battle with more than 1 tank) you're left with few shells (2-5). Medium tanks get worse than LTs then.

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

About the bio thing, if it does constant damage over time, and regen heals constant hp over time, even if they don't match up, it's going to be tougher killing a regen tank with bio. Now, if it's bugged, it's bugged.

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

I'm pretty sure bio does double damage to regen, which basically makes it the same as all other armors.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I don't concur. I can still get a lot of kills with 20 shells if I place them well.

6. eth0

eth0 Member

I don't care what people say about this RC, it's worth this fix alone IMHO! :|ove:

PS: RC21 mirrored for Europe/UK at the usual place: http://www.bsid-clan.com/downloads/

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Bio vs bio = not so powerful attack.
    It kinda allows the two sides to match up by getting the same branch of research.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Try to attack meds/heavies then. (with good armor) I can do more with SC+MLs on light tank. You may say that you aren't supposed to shoot from 200-500m. But it's the best way to gain advantage over the enemy. We can also just get close - 5 m from each other, start spamming MLs, cannons and so on. But hitting from far away takes some skill and that's also fun. I don't have any idea why HE should be worse than SC (HE weights more, takes 2 slots, requires research and med tanks).

The only situation where that amount of ammo in clip is enough is double HE (BE heavy) setup.

9. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

In my opinion, the HE cannon should have more shells than 20 but I haven't played the game yet so I can't tell how the changes have affected the gameplay.

Also have you changed the damage values of Anti-Tank MGs? Because those were extremely low. Were they at 3 and 5 or something?

10. nhammen

nhammen Member

!

The guide (or maybe its the wiki) says that Bio does double damage to Regen...

11. SabreWulf

SabreWulf Member

what he means is that no matter what tank,jeep,apc you had it would burst into high gear and hard to steer and stop.
    Even the CV had that turbo effect.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

NF meds are hard to drive with 3 phase.. but i got no bars so maybe its just me

13. Aranjedeath

Aranjedeath Member

Made. Of. Win.

/me bows to Krenzos greatness

14. picard131

picard131 Member

20 shells for HE seems reasonable. I'd say you could get at least two kills out of that if you know what you're doing, and then you radiospam for an engie till he drops some ammoz.

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

... or go to an armory.
    does a repair facility give ammo as well?

16. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Did you actually try this in game? You could get at most 2 LT kills (close combat) but not 2 med kills. HE is just basic weapon of medium tank and going back to armory/ammo box every 10-15 shots isn't fun.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  17. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Agreed. It should have been increased to 36 or something, not dropped to 20.

18. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Hmm, i've just had a thought. What if APC's restocked tanks, like ammo boxes? :p

19. nuke

nuke Member

I love that idea that way more apcs will be build ingame and give us a reason to use them in a mass tank attack

20. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

The ammo amounts are temporary, but with a good setup, you can easily kill a tank with 4 HE shots, (that is if you are able to hit with your missiles as well) so I think m00tant you are exaggerating, try aiming with your missiles as well.
    I don't have internet right now, so I guess you'll have to do with these changes for now.