RC 20 Patch - No More Server Crashes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Whoever asked the crash thing, yes it has crashed once when I have been playing on it but it happened because someone drow over someone on slaughtered. Was he in BE jeep or something.

And I had medium chaingun too on the Crossroad where Trid3nt and Broccoli and all other guys were testing stuff and it had big spread. I shot to a wall two NF medium tank length farther away and the area where the bullets hit was same size as BE jeep's size is side ways.

So I would say those guns need at least a bit more accuracy because now you can't even kill anything two tanks farther away from you if you don't have MGs on.

2. Silk

Silk Mapper

When dizzy asked some of us to come test the new weapons settings, Dee was in a tank with a chaingun and had to kill all of us (infantry) with it. If i was close by, i was dead almost instantly no matter what kind of cover i had, from a far distance i could take her out if i had cover, from medium range i was killed very easily if standing up and running, but i noticed that when going prone at medium distance you barely get hit (she hit me 4 times, leaving me with only a few hp left, but her entire clip was empty by that time).

I think that's fine. It CAN be very effective if used wisely, but at least if driven by a noob it's no longer a weapon of terror.

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

We need European servers to reduce the lag.

4. Hides-His-Eyes

Hides-His-Eyes Member

I'm getting 6kB/s on the download.

Is it always this bad?

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Beerdude has some European mirrors on the BSID website, somewhere, though I'm from the UK and I've never had any issues with the regular server.

6. Hides-His-Eyes

Hides-His-Eyes Member

10 megs in 3 hours...

Have you got a link to the BSID mirror?

7. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

yeah but since release of final 1.08 is close we can wait few weeks i think it would be better but if you have someone who can host european server id say krenzo would allow it

8. Caelo

Caelo Member

http://www.bsid-clan.com/downloads/

BTW I don't get you people. I live in the Netherlands I've never had any lag on the servers except for server lag. Also I've always been able to download the RCs @ 400 KBps

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The RCs are fast to download for me too, i'm betting it's your download speed, Cpu speed (possibly), internet provider, etc.

10. Hides-His-Eyes

Hides-His-Eyes Member

Had no problems with RC21.

maybe it was just a bad day for my ISP or something.

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

realism is not a concern in Empires development, the developers have made that clear countless times. the only time realism makes it in is when it works good in gameplay, like iron sights.

12. Petko

Petko Member

you dont get it, do you?