Random suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Killa-Kanga, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Killa-Kanga

Killa-Kanga Ask me how to open a .cfg file today!

#1:Mega weapons,how about unique ones for each team that run on timers and/or have to be built inside their respective buildings

#2:Nuclear tank explosion,i think it is good because every time we kill an enemy tank with nukes their is no effect on the land or the people in a radius of the tank hostile or friendly

#3:Nuclear fallout is also good if you DO use nukes because like the Bio Rockets it will take a fallout effect for so long

another note:Jeeps shouldn't be able to ram Med tanks AFVs APCs or Hvy tanks and go "under" them it is pathetic i was playing earlier and jeep whores namely Mark and Peter kept ramming me and driving me off in a JEEP

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  2. Avneet

Avneet Member

I don't like idea #1. That's why I tend to stay away from RTS's that don't let you choose if it's on or not. Those always end games, and I hate games ended that way. There is no skill in destroying an enemy base with a superweapon. I love battles that end with infantry and tank battles while the other team holds them off as long as they can. There is nothing a losing team in the beginning of the game can do to stop these weapons. No way they will make it into the enemy base to destroy it if they are the losing team with less res or noobs on their team.
    That's my 2 Cents

3. Killa-Kanga

Well unlike those(i play them to)you need EXTREME research/money/and if ever done power aswell

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

If you have EXTREME research and money, you should have no problem defeating the other team.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I think the nuke missle should be changed to something more appropriate

like super-huge bomb or something so that people don't expect to destroy half the map.

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

yea, first time i used nuke i fired into enemy base and was like "wtf, a nuke, i fired a freaking nuke, and it didnt level their base. wtfh?!!?!?!?"

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

perhaps it should be renamed "micronuke"

8. picard131

picard131 Member

Tactical nuke. There's your term. Like that one US bazooka-fired nuke that levelled bridges :D

EDIT: I'm also not against superweapons, but on a few conditions.
    1) LONG countdown/recharge timer.
    2) An assload of resources.
    3) Make the actual structure weak or at least really open to ninjas.
    4) Maybe even make it line of sight, so you can't just go blasting across the map with a %&#$ed up arcing laser.

9. Killa-Kanga

Agreed.

10. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

If I got the #2 suggestion right. I also would like to see some sort of mushroom effect there and a small white flash on your screen. At least that small mushroom cloud because they are nuclear tipped missiles.

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

the nuke effect should be discussed in the recently opened nuke effect thread.

12. Killa-Kanga

I agree with Mr.Weedy,though it SHOULD be a tactical nuke anyway but most nuclear weapons have a flash and stuff but with No.2 i mean more like if you kill a tank with nukes it blows up in a smaller yes but just as powerful explosion that effects the land and the hostile/friendly troops around it

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

the size of an explosion is proportionate to its power. its like ripples in a pond. drop the stone close to the water, it doesnt hit as hard, and the ripples fade quicker. increase the size of the rock, or the drop distance, and the ripples go farther before fading. same basic principle for explosives.

source uses real world physics, so i imagine it would be a programming nightmare to have it defy physics for an explosion since those very physics are part of the engine.

14. Align

Align Member

I think what KILLX is trying to say is that explosion damage radius is determined by the actual damage dealt by the explosion.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the idea of a "small" mushroom cloud is insanely rediculous. NO!

16. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

This would all be taken care of if we renamed Nuclear Missiles to something like "super big missile" so people wouldn't associate them with destroying whole cities :D

17. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I nominate the name "Super Big-Ass Missile."

18. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I nominate the name "The Buttery Explosion"

19. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I second the nomination.

Also, I don't think that having a mushroom cloud would be a problem. It's there for visual impact, and skirting reality for the sake of improving the impact is perfectly acceptable.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Buttery? Mushrooms? I'm getting hungry!

I think a shockwave would be fine, I can see mushrooms clouds requiring a lot of particles. They could be better used elsewhere.