RageOnline, a web based game for the Empires community

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KILLX, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

That's my fault, I think I accidentally ticked offline when I was disabling party hats.

2. Leirsyn

Leirsyn Member

will it really get reset?

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Yes. The game has grown stagnant. A fresh start will allow more players to start on equal footing. The new version is far superior and neither me or any of the other admins want to port the database and fix it.

4. Leirsyn

Leirsyn Member

i think more people will quit though. when my friends heard about this, they told me theyll quit after all that hard work.

5. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

I might be able to port the db, dunno how difficult that one is (shouldn't some "alter table"s do the job?). I don't want to loose my current progress, though I'd like to rearrange the order of my planets.

a)In the test version, you get officer points WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to fast.

I already have more officer points then I can spend, considering my "points" in the current ogame I came up with the following which should solve the problem:

Make the points required per level to be calculated this way:

requirement = 50 * 1.175 ^ current_level
    (maybe change 1.175 to something else.. it should be inbetween 1.12 (too high imho) and 1.15 (too low imho))

b) For some reason, you get resources with negative energy...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if its ok with you guys im just gonna activate "sudden death mode"

i was thinking making building speed 10* and ship speed 10*

this way people can enjoy there fleet until reset

also i stated alliances are meaningless in sudden death :p so people can kill off there friends

what do you guys say? il activate it as soon as i get a reply

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

x1000 plz.

8. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

NO WE ARE NOT PORTING THE DATABASE.

The game has grown stagnant. Theres so many people that are so far behind and will never actually get anywhere. The reset is for the good of the game. Everyone will restart on equal footing and hit the ground running instead of being left behind.

Everything is drastically accelerated in the test version. The gamespeed is 100x, so you earn officer points 100 times faster.

9. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

Considering my current points in the real ogame... (where we will get in any case, even if its slower or faster..)

I'd have... JUST

288356 Officer points

... I am just saying that an linear 50 pts increase is stupid.

10. Mikami

Mikami Member

So does that mean the server we were using will get deleted? And we have to start over?

11. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

Yes.

Also the new stuff is heavily broken:

a) http://omegak2.om.funpic.de/roflbrokenogame.jpg
    b) You don't need engery to get res
    c) ACS Attack still dont work
    d) Spy officer does nothing
    e) RIP officer is back
    f) for some wierd reason mines produce more res then storage limit (to 10% more).

12. Leirsyn

Leirsyn Member

the server isnt stagnant. thats the reality. people who join late start out late but it doesnt mean they wont be able to reach the top. my friend joined this game a month ago and hes rank 7 now. that just shows how many ppl arent active with this game, not because people are left behind.

13. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

That's probably because there have only been around 10 to 15 people actually playing this for the last month. For example, the first four have been the same for longer than that (me, Omega, Blizzerd, Bitchslap) and have a considerably distance to everybody else.

14. Leirsyn

Leirsyn Member

the people with the distance probably quit. so idk whats the point of starting a new server.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i for one am for a fresh start

16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

a) Updating the page didn't help?
    b) That bug was also in RageOnline
    c) Yeah ACS attack never worked in any version
    d) Spy officer works, it gives you +5 invisible ranks.
    e) I'll remove RIP officer
    f) This bug also existed in RageOnline

17. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

a) Well, now it works again, but it had been like the screen for about 1 hour.
    d) ok, that explains a lot ... you can make it appear somehow so you'll know you have "invisible" spy levels?

I think as soon you fixed the other bugs, I think this can go online.. as long there are no more bugs.
    Also a litte explanation what "n" means would help (I guess N00b protection because I can't attack players with "n" in their name :P) :)

Also is it possible to add a MYSQL EVENT to the database reoccuring every 6 hours or so which updates the rankings?

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

n indeed means "noob protection".

I don't know if the ACS bug is fixable, but I'll look at it

19. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Not a bug. Its a feature. Your res can overflow to exactly 10% more. If beerdude wanted to, he could easily change the overflow amount.

20. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Game reset will occur tomorrow (Saturday April the 18th) at 12:00PM EST (GMT 5:00PM). You may notice brief moments of downtime on the main game as we move everything in place for the reset.

My bad, miscommunication with Beerdude26, there's a few things that need to be done to the game files that won't be done till Sunday.

Me and Beerdude26 talked some more and worked out a simple registration system to start everyone off fairly. When the new game first goes up it will NOT replace the running game. All game speeds will be set to 0, effectively freezing the game (this will halt all production of anything). The game will be put into offline mode so people can register, but not login. This is essentially a pre-registration so we can try to start everyone off evenly. The pre-registration period will last one week, and the game will go live, replacing the old RageOnline, on Saturday April the 25th, at 12:00PM EST (GMT 5:00PM).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009