R.U.S.E. Multiplayer Beta

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Its been on steam for a week, I played it, liked it, its actually good regardless of how the mechanics of the game makes it like a tactics game while there is also resource management.

What do you think forum?

2. communism

communism poof

whats rhat? i raff i ruse?

3. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

i tried it, but got an error launching it, that was apparently was still a problem back before they did the public release. It doesnt look that good anyway, i just wanted to see it's approach to ships and aircraft.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The beta doesn't have ships and the aircraft isn't amazing, the best part lies on the grounds guys.

5. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I downloaded it too, but I got some freak error also. :(

6. Empty

Empty Member

I've been trying to download if for a week now and steam just refuses.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Spamming arty is fun.

8. Cloud

Cloud Member

I hate RTS games..
    Empires is FPS/RPG, so as long as i dont have to command, im good.

9. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

If you ask me, RUSE is a poor man's company of heroes.

10. God_Hand

God_Hand Member

I tried it. It's alright. I sure as hell would never pay money for it.

I mean, your units and buildings lack even something as basic as health bars.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It's very unpolished and the interface seems to ignore half a dozen proven and tried interface patterns.

The first few days I would've agreed 100% with theowning, a really bad variation of CoH, but after playing it a bit more I can confidently say that the gameplay is actually pretty decent and original.

With that said, the horrible multiplayer and interface completely ruin it. Half the players get connection issues, and not only does this cause lag, but it also makes the interface unresponsive and units become unselectable at times.

I know people will say "OMG ITS A BETA", a beta nowadays is a demo and if you think they'll fix the networking and the horrible interface, heres a wake up call: They won't, it's horrible and it will remain horrible when it goes gold.

12. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

*COUGH* Bad Company 2 *COUGH*

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

for a moment i thought you talking bout empires ... :rolleyes:

14. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I highly doubt it will be perfect new games have issues ALWAYS. The game studio (Eugen Studios developed it ubisoft published it.) is rather inexperienced for this kind of game and I will cut them some slack. I would buy it for fourty of my Euros / Pounds / Dollars.
    Many new studios have good ideas but no servers to support them, Game Studios like EA can support them but have mediocre game designers at best. So networking issues are addressed but slowly.

Expecting a perfect beta is a tall order and if you do your an idiot, its a beta for a reason, if its finished it would have been released.

15. dizzyone

It's amazing how someone always has to reply stating the obvious.

Seeing you're going to pay for this shit, enjoy your crappy game and hopefully they will fix a few of the hundreds of issues and if not, I'm sure you'll buy the sequel where they do promise to fix the hopeless multiplayer.

Oh btw the game is coming out next month. Your reply is pretty much this running joke that nobody gets. If its at this state in this phase of the game, it's gonna be the wii of the updates, it's hopeless and you should quit while you're ahead. Which is what Ubisoft will do too.

16. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Okay you rage quit ba-bye.

17. Maxwell

Maxwell Member

I played RUSE for several hours, to give it an HONEST chance. Gameplay mechanics are excellent, graphics engine is excellent, planes are glitchy, but its the beta. Arty owns. Much better than COH in my opinion, and I own COH.

18. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

It feels off. The 'ruse' system seems like a cheap gimmick.

Awesome if it was a 'came with windows 7' game, to show off multi-touch screens.

I want the opinion of someone with a multi-touch screen of it.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The controls are easy to use(note if an rts has crappy control it sucks in general), the units are tottally awesome, but my opinion might not count because I only play germans or russians.

a notable con is the lag, it sucks, because you can´t do jackshit. In starcraft/warcraft/age of empires it was possible to drop any players that lagged for 45+ seconds and in this game there is lag that goes for ever, which causes be to ctrl+alt+delete process-kill my ass out of there.

The actual idea of using decoys as the games name states and its subtitle ¨Don´t believe what you see¨ states isn´t a big part of the game, the big part of the game lies in countering the units your enemy has. The decoy part never even happens, because no one does it. The only decoy part I do is sending waves of everything at my enemies bases so that I may boost my economy. The majority of the ruses are still pretty usefull, such as radio silence/camo net and blitz.

20. dizzyone

How does someone raeg quit if they never event intended to join?