Put powerful squad skills on the same side

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Grenadier -Artilliary
    Rifleman -Armour(?)
    Scout -Hide
    Engineer -Mass revive

These are the skills that squad leaders want to use 90% of the time, and some squad leaders solely use these squad powers.

In the squad menu it would be great if all these powerful skills could be on the same side, (i.e, all on the right)

this would enable people that want to to assign a key to just the powerful skills, which in my case would be Q, so that whatever class I am, I can always use the useful skills when i press this key.

I imagine with would be useful for other players too.

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

I'd just settle for key binds for the SL abilities on the in-game Options screen :)

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that would be nice too.

and if "leave squad" could be moved to north instead of south so you don't accidently leave your squad when trying to access squad skills that would be cool too.

4. Chahk

Chahk Member

You mean you are still accessing them from the F menu? Here, put this into your autoexec.cfg:

Code:
    bind "[" "emp_menu_quickcmd 6 1"
    bind "]" "emp_menu_quickcmd 6 3"

Now [ and ] keys will envoke the SL powers. Much easier, especially with Grenadier's Arty Strike: point and click ;)

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I do have this.

but currently, some skills that you actually want (like- not recon) are on one key, and some other stuff is on another key.

I want to be able have the powerful ones all one one side, so all the good ones would be bind "[" "emp_menu_quickcmd 6 1", so that people can bind one key for good skills and another less used key for bad skills. I want my good key right next to my fingers, and my bad key further away.

6. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

You could put the bind commands in the respective class cfg files, so that the "good" skill will be where you want it for each class.