push of war!

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by supaste, May 14, 2006.

1. supaste

supaste Member

alot of interst was taken the last time i posted about my idea of a map with a drivable train it it. So im back again but this time i want some help...

Push of war is a map idea i had a while ago where by there is a train in the middel of the map and the objective is to drive it to your opponents base winning you the game. both team can enter the train and this means there with always be fighting going on at and around it.

the help i wanted was to do with ideas..

what i want are some ideas as to why there would be a train, why there would be a bomb on this train and what it would blow up.

the reson i wanted some one to think of this for me was to allow some one to make me some concept art of the train so i could try moddeling it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Whell, if its like a flag system that changes direction based on who controles it, and stops when nutral, but I dont know how the hammer and stuff works...

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I think there is an entity for controlling a fixed-track vehicle in HL2, just like the trams in the opening of HL1. It could be done quite easily like that. How would you stop the train from moving though?

I really like the idea, like a tug-of-war but in reverse. The train model could probably use some work, it looks a little hard to board that centre section (where I assume the driver would be).

4. supaste

supaste Member

i said that that was just a rough bit of cad to show the idea of it but i need to think how it would be...

*it needs to have some sort of bomb on it for one reson or another
    *needs to look futeristic
    *needs to roughly be the shape shown for the gamplay to work

oh and in empires what would the perfured method of powering a train be electic/petrol/disel/somthing else...

I NEED IDEAS PEOPLE!

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

The bomb could be some kind of secret Imperial missile prototype which is in transport, when it is hijacked by the NF.

6. supaste

supaste Member

yeah.. that sort of thing.. hmmmm......

if any1 has a real good idea could they plz draw....

7. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

that train made me cry inside :(

but the gameplay you are aiming at made me quite happy, sounds like a fun idea

8. supaste

supaste Member

now i know alot more about hammer ill try *programming a train* (thought its tecnicaly not programming...)

the trains use the same system as lifts which is still complicated but ill give it a go.

9. Darg

Darg Member

Good luck :D

It sounds like a good idea if you can get it to work. I'd say get the simple brush of a train working like you want first then someone will be more likely to model it for you.

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

sounds like a fun idea idd.

Maybe the train could be a cargo train with a secret weapon made by the BE, to end the war once and for all, the NF intelligence somehow finds out and decides to capture the train and steal the weapon

or same idea, but with a bomb. The BE thought it would be a good idea to do a sneak attack and equip one of their civilian trains with a bomb that would blow up in the center of their city, NF intelligence discovers there is a bomb on the train and try to let it explode in the BE base or whatever

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  11. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Uhh... Both of those ideas for the bomb sound good but...
    Somehow I don't think bringing it to your OWN base is the way he wants it.