Pug 8/5/10

Discussion in 'General' started by Kane, May 7, 2010.

1. Kane

Kane Member

Pug 09/05/10

I'll be hosting a PUG tomorrow (8/5/10 09/05/10) with increased vehicle skill boosts (to 20-30% or so)

Server will be 85.25.76.53:27065
    Password will be pugpugpug

EDIT: Pug delayed, there is a CW vs CW on my server tonight and I got some guests here, so the PUG will be tomorrow. Yeah, I know, I'm a chaotic person.

Time will be 9PM CEST (7PM GMT)

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Wait how can you increase the vehicle skill percentage, did that get scripted somewhere?

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There are 4 server vars for Cooling, scout speed, vehc damage and vehc armour.

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

What times?

5. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I think so, yeah, and I think this is a good idea, except for engineer vehicle cooling, which should remain at 10% since it's already being utilized and engineers are overpowered.

6. Trickster

I never hear anyone using it...

7. Rehnquist

Rehnquist Member

I'm confused. I thought the logical way of presenting the date was YY/MM/DD, and DD/MM/YY makes even less sense than MM/DD/YY.

8. Trickster

Oh my god, could Americans be any more fucking retarded if they tried. How is DD/MM/YY not the most logical way. Year is least important because most people know it, then month, then day. And it gets from smaller amounts to larger amounts.

In terms of how logical it is:

DD/MM/YY > YY/MM/DD > MM/DD/YY

YY/MM/DD is stupid but not that illogical. Whoever uses MM/DD/YY is so stupid they should be fucking shot.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

dd/mm/yy makes lots of sense to me. days change way more often than years ...

anyway, its how date format works in germany ;)

10. Rehnquist

Rehnquist Member

If you're sorting the date or searching for a file on your computer, good fucking luck trying to find it sorted by day of the fucking month. It would make no fucking sense. As far as sorting goes, YY/MM/DD would be the most logical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

I could actually not care less about the difference between MM/DD/YY and DD/MM/YY. There's points to be made on both sides and most people are going to get all butthurt patriotic about it like Trickster did (derp retarded americans derp).

11. flasche

believe it or not, my computer is smart enought to sort by year first, tho its displayed the other way round ...

magic? ;)

12. Rehnquist

Rehnquist Member

I'm glad we have programmed computers to take all the retardation out of how we write and use dates.

EDIT: And I bet it sorts by year, then month, then day. You don't have a bunch of files that were created on the 4th of some arbitrary month grouped together.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  13. flasche

yes thats what i wrote ;)

14. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Are you an engineer? Are you going to be driving a vehicle? May as well pick up vehicle cooling. Why would you be a rifleman to drive a tank though? Increased damage with the same values as increased vehicle cooling don't do anything special.

Keep in mind that increased cooling of 20% is going to have practically an identical effect to increasing the damage of all of a tank's weapons by 20% with only some slight differences. Both tanks are going to have an identical sustained DPS, while the rifleman's tank will have a higher spike DPS and the engineer's tank will have a longer-lasting sustainable spike damage duration before overheating.

Basically what I'm saying is that since the rifleman doesn't have any benefits other than damage upgrade, it needs to be superior to vehicle cooling. If anything, the engineer shouldn't have vehicle cooling at all, but this thread isn't about removing skills, just about tweaking the values.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

There is no ammo increase, so cooling increase won't have long term effects unless you're camping next to an ammobox.

16. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Oh guess what? you're an engineer so ammo doesn't matter.

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Some of the vehicle mg's produce exactly so much heat
    that you stay at the same heat level as long as you fire it.
    If you increase vehicle cooling you could possible spam your
    mg and canon forever

18. Trickster

No, what makes no sense is this sentence. If it sorts, it simply sorts by chronological order, there are no 2 ways about it. What date format it uses is completely irrelevant, it's all done behind the scenes and we just get it in chronological order.

The point is, Having the the thing that changes the 2nd most often, then the 1st most, then the 3rd most, is really fucking stupid. I just get annoyed when pointless things are changed in America for the sake of being changed. I read the other day that Australian authors are literally on the verge of refusing to have their books sent to America, because the publishers insist on changing the spelling of mum to "mom" throughout the entire thing, Pavement to "sidewalk", wing mirror to "side view mirror" etc. It's totally pointless. I was literally just on the verge of being able to put up with Amerifaggotry, then I had to listen to Apwall go on for 20 minutes about how fucking fantastic America is. Then I kicked him. Felt good man. /rant

Also, @ Pickled. Maybe, idk, I never really tried it, but I can't see 10% being that useful. 20% sure, but 10% just seems a bit too unimportant to be of worth when I could instead take a more useful skill for if I have to bail out of my tank, like speed upg.

19. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

The point I'm getting at is that vehicle damage and all the other vehicle skills have to be strong enough to potentially cause a person to switch class just to tank as that class while vehicle cooling does not since everyone tanks as engineer anyway for all the other benefits. They shouldn't be on the same magnitude of power since the classes fundamentally interact with tanks in different ways.

20. Trickster

Oh, I definitely agree with that. But it's much like rifleman damage upgrade for infantry. There's a very fine line between where it's useless and where it's hideously overpowered. It won't be easy finding that, so it's going to need a fair amount of testing. More than likely the values won't be nice 0.1 0.2 values.